5 on friday {interactions with kiddos}

In my last 5 on Friday, I had pictures of all the fun family that was coming into town! For today, I have some of the funny things that have happened with the kids this week :)



one. The very first night, 11-month-old Joseph and 19-month-old Hadley were getting acquainted. Joseph crawled right up to Haddie and grabbed her face and started kissing her! He continued to do so over and over until she pushed him away and started screaming. The whole interaction was adorable and hilarious, but sadly, no camera to capture it. :/


two. Six-year-old Naomi was in Russ's way, and she demanded a password.
Russ: What's the password?
Naomi: Your last name!
R: Okay, Holmes.
N: That's not your last name!
*5 minutes later*
N (to me): What's your last name?
A: Holmes.
N: What?! No it's not!
A: Yes it is. What do you think my last name should be?
N: Petersen!
And then I had to explain that when I got married I took Russ's last name :) Not sure whether she quite got it or not.


three. The other day it was Noah's birthday. He turned eight. He was super excited to open all of his presents. Three-year-old Abram, however, was not excited for Noah to have so many presents. He wanted birthday presents, too, even though his birthday is in January. He threw a real fit because he wanted so badly for it to be his birthday. Haha poor guy :)


four. I was outside jumping on the trampoline with Noah and we stopped for a bit to catch our breath
and have a conversation. It went a little something like this:

me (Ash): so what do you like to do with Naomi?
Noah: Well . . . I like to chase her! [smile] But she gets on my nerves sometimes.
A: Oh yeah? Why?
N: Because she lies! Well, I can't tell if she's lying or not, but then she'll make a face and I know it's a lie!
A: That's too bad. Do you ever lie, Noah?
N: [looks down sadly] Sometimes. I don't mean to but then sometimes they just come out! Like in the morning, when my mom asks if I've brushed my teeth or not, sometimes I mean to say no but then I say yes instead!

It was seriously adorable because I could tell from his expressions that he wished he could say he never lies. I wished the conversation could have gone on longer because I like talking with that little kid :)


five. Noah is getting baptized tomorrow! That little guy is growing up! Can't believe it's been eight years since he was a little baby :)


Right after he was born, I went out to visit him (and his parents) by myself. He was crying one afternoon, so I took him outside for a walk to calm him down. Some people outside thought he was mine, which was crazy since I was only fourteen! But anyway, he is growing up to be quite the cutie :)


It's been so much fun having some family in town! I have the best families (mine, his, and ours) around, and I'm so grateful for each and every member of my family! Families are forever! :)

 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

  1. hey gal! i am contacting people that linked up in the last 5 on friday linkup...that has since been put on hold for the summer. well...if you were interested, a friend of mine and i are starting it back up! the first one will be live this friday morning! prepare your post! :) it's going to be called "oh hey, friday!" it'll be the exact same rules. write about five anythings. hope to see you there!

    karli
    http://farmerbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}