5 on friday {summer fun}

School's out, people! And I've already been doing lots of fun things in the past few days! Here are 5 of those things :)

one. On Tuesday, my cousin got married! In my church, the actual wedding ceremonies are very small . . . maybe like 50 people are there in all? So that usually means parents, siblings, grandparents, and aunts and uncles, with only a few spaces for friends/other people. This was the first wedding ceremony that I got invited to where I fell into the "other people" category, so it was really awesome to get to be there for his wedding! :) I don't have any pictures of the bride and groom, but I do have one of me and my groom on that day! :)

Do I somehow look tan?! What a miracle . . . 
two. Between the ceremony and the luncheon, we had some time to kill, so we stopped a little boutique I just happened to see. The shop is called Madeleine L'amour and it is Parisian-themed! And since I have a minor obsession with all things Paris, I loved looking around at every little thing! :) If you're ever up in Bountiful area, go check it out! Though, wait until after July 7th, because the owners are in Paris! So jealous. But so glad I at least got to see their shop the day before they left :)





Couldn't walk away without buying something! So I bought some taffy and a little Paris notebook :)

three. Russ and I went to see Divergent on Wednesday night. Neither of us have read the books, but we both thought it was awesome! It made Russ want to read the books, but I think I'll just watch the movies . . . There are too many books in the world that I want to read, so if they make a movie of a book now, maybe I really don't need to read the book before. I don't know where we got that mentality. Even if "the book is always better," the movie can still be awesome, too :)



four. Then yesterday, we spent the evening looking at the Parade of Homes. If you're not familiar with that, basically you just get to walk through million-dollar homes and admire how pretty everything is . . . It's Pinterest in 3-D! ;) It was crazy to see such amazing and gigantic homes. All I can say is, I have a hard enough time keeping my one-bedroom apartment clean, so I think I'm just fine without a 16,000 square-feet home. But it was fun to look :)

I seriously love this backsplash.

Open shelving=gorgeous.

Frame collage! And double staircase . . . so many levels!

My favorite color and design! :)

Rounded little area complete with candy. Could there be anything better?!

L-shaped couches and striped pillows :)

Don't mind Russ, he's just about to enter the enchanted forest or something . . . 

This is a playroom. A PLAYROOM. It's like a mini city, with every shop being exactly
what it says on the outside! By far one of the coolest things we saw.

Gorgeous backyard.

Another candy counter . . . Russ says it's a bad idea but I want one so bad! :D

five. After looking at homes with me for 3+ hours, Russ thought he deserved a treat, which I was fine with :) So we went for our second time to Rita's--a custard and italian ice place. And guys. It is so good so I just have to recommend it to you all! I recommend the misto shake, because it combines the custard and the ice into a delicious smoothie-type thing. Yesterday, I got juicy pear ice with vanilla custard. Their flavors change frequently, but if you ever get the chance, try that combo, because it is awesome. But any combo is good, so go try it. Tonight. You won't regret it! :)



Linking up for another 5 on Friday! Hope you all have a lovely Friday and a lovely weekend :)




 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}