5 on friday {babysitting, gender reveals, and getaways}

So apparently the 5 on Friday linkup goes on vacation during the summer, perhaps because every day is kind of like a Friday in the summer. But I still like having the prompt of writing about any five things that are on my mind, so I will continue to use it as my Friday theme :)

one. Yesterday I babysat my 20-month-old niece for a few hours. That girl is such a cutie. She came with me to the grocery store, I took her to the water park, bathed her, and fed her lunch. We walked to the water park, and on the way there, she was walking really fast on her little tiny legs; on the way back, I had to carry her most of the way, and when she did walk, it was super slow. Guess I wore her out with all my fun-ness ;) *favorite aunt award!* My favorite part was going in the wave pool with her . . . every time a wave crashed into us, she would burst into laughter! I sure love that girl :)

not a picture from today, but it is a picture of cute haddie bug in her swimsuit :)
two. From that experience, along with other experiences in my life, I learned how grateful I am for God's plans. Specifically, I'm grateful for His whole philosophy of line upon line. I mean, goodness gracious. If I were to birth a nearly-two-year-old tomorrow, I think I would die because that is just too much to handle 24/7! I'm glad I'll get nine months to prepare for a baby, and then that baby will be small and immobile, a little bigger and crawling, a little bigger and walking and talking, etc. Just a little bit at a time because that is all I'll be able to handle! Such a smart man, I'd say.



three. And here's my last point about babies . . . both of my sister-in-laws have now found out the gender of their babies, and they're both having boys! My brother and brother-in-law are both pretty stoked to be adding boys to their families. I'm getting lots of new nieces/nephews this year because my sister is also having a baby--in just over two weeks! Babies, babies, and more babies. Crazy :)



four. Russ and I went shopping last night. He needed more pants in his life, along with more summer work shirts. He has plenty of nice shirts for winter, but hardly any for summer. And it was so fun! Well, I guess I don't know if "fun" necessarily describes it, but I sure am excited about the clothes we bought him! I love getting Russ new clothes almost as much as I love getting myself new clothes ;) He was looking mighty fine :)

okay, so we definitely didn't buy this much, and we only shopped at
ross and tj maxx, but these bags just seemed representative of
all the awesomeness that came home from the store with us :)
five. Getaway weekend! Remember how Russ and I recently had our 2-year anniversary? Well we're finally headed off to celebrate this weekend! And it even fulfills one of my 23 bucket list items! More details about our weekend to come on Monday :)

flashback to our last getaway--vegas, february 2013

Happy Friday to all! Hope you all have as much fun as I know I'm going to have celebrating with my man this weekend :)

 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

  1. Way to go Aunt of the year. I always have kids available if you want someone to go swimming with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Idk, swimming with kids is kind of a handful! No time off during that activity! ;)

      Delete
  2. Yes, thank you Ashley! She must of had a ton of fun because she took almost a 4 hour nap! It was great! Meant I got a nap too :) have fun on your getaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well I'm sure walking to 7 peaks was a big contributor to her tiredness . . . Glad she slept so long for you! And thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}