the one with the dilemma

I have a problem.

It's Christmas Eve and . . . I don't know what I'm doing for Russ for Christmas!

A few weeks ago we talked about what we were going to do gift-wise this year, and we decided we'd buy Christmas presents for ourselves this year. Sounds lame, but we both (maybe me in particular . . . ) had particular things that we wanted or needed for Christmas and I guess I'm picky because I wanted to pick my own stuff. (But that's because I want things like a straightener [mine exploded] and I didn't want him picking that out, because what does he know about straighteners?)

Anyways. So we decided to do that and then get each other one thoughtful gift. 

We agreed that thoughtful could be anything--it could be something homemade or store-bought, as long as our mentality about the gift was something along the lines of "I saw this and thought it was perfect for you!"

Originally, I thought it was a brilliant idea. Now? It just feels like pressure!

I love giving meaningful gifts, but my schedule was just so hectic up til last Friday, and then since then, I've not only been in a foreign state (I'm at my in-laws' and I don't know my way around this city), but I've also just been enjoying the time with family and Husband. When am I supposed to worry about shopping or thinking?

Luckily we're having two (or three?) Christmases this year: one with his family, one with mine, and maybe one just the two of us. So it's not terrible that I don't have something yet because I can have something in time for another Christmas. But I'm still left with the dilemma . . . what to get?

What are you guys getting for your husbands this Christmas? Are you all done shopping?

Merry Christmas! I hope tomorrow is filled with love, snow, tasty food, and lots of family and joy :)


**ashleynicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}