the day of love

R & I have never been too showy about Valentine's Day, anniversaries, or birthdays. R gets stressed out thinking about getting me gifts because he's afraid I won't like them (though unjustifiably so, since I've liked every present he's ever gotten me!). I don't get stressed out about gifts, but I never know if I should get him something more practical or more romantic, and he doesn't give me any clues as to what he prefers.

But even though we don't make a big deal of it, I don't have any problems with Valentine's Day. If you want to give your lover roses on the same day as everyone else, that's fine. If you want to give your lover roses on a random day of the year, that's fine, too. Valentine's Day is just all about love, so I have no qualms with it. I think it's silly to hate on a day all about love. Celebrate big, or don't, it's up to you, but don't hate! It's more fun to love, anyways :)

So more than a week too late, here's what we did this Vday: we just picked up dinner from Mountain West Burrito (good choice, since we didn't even have to wait in line and the food was pretty tasty [though it was more expensive than Cafe Rio and not quite as tasty as my beloved Pork Salad]) and curled up on our comfy couches to watch Just Like Heaven.

For us, it's all about spending time together, every day--Vday included :)


Isn't he such a stud?! :)
Hope you all enjoyed the day of love with someone you love! Whether that's your best friend, a family member, or the love of your life :)


**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. I'm like you, neither a hater nor huge proponent of Valentines Day. It's way easier to get swept up in the idea of grand gestures when I've lived in the city though, mostly just from being influenced by everyone around me. A little acknowledgment is all I need. This V-Day my husband and I were treated to dinner by my parents' friends who live in Belize, so not really romantic at all but damn it was a good meal!
    the-lifestyle-project.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true--just a little acknowledgment :) Haha and I'm glad you at least got to eat something super tasty! :)

      Delete
  2. Burritos are a good choice for any holiday!! And my husband gets stressed about buying me gifts too, but he always does the best job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those silly boys--thinking we girls are all so picky and un-pleasable! Haha :)

      Delete
  3. i love this post! you're right--who can really complain about a day to celebrate love?? i love that you went to MW burrito for dinner, also! (we went to five guys, we like to keep it simple too.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! :) And five guys is suuuuper tasty. Good choice :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}