making a house a home

One reason I love holidays is because it gives me an excuse to decorate and craft! I truly think that decorating (in general and for holidays) is one thing that turns a house into a home. And even though Valentine's Day was a little bit ago, my Valentine's Day decorations will definitely be up until the end of the month because I like them so much! Here's what I've got . . . Sorry in advance for the less-than-perfect pictures :)


L-O-V-E letters and a heart chain (tutorial)





Framed printable, though I'm not sure where it's from. R's cousin gifted this to us for our wedding, complete with like 15 different printables for each holiday and season. We love it! :)



Wreath! Which I'm so happy to have back since R & I returned after three days to find it MISSING! The kids that live near our apartment are real terrors and they stole it. Luckily, my neighbor found it and returned it to me :) This wreath was inspired by this one, though you can see that they're quite different. I just used a wide valentine ribbon and wrapped it around a heart wreath form, securing it with push pins. The hardest part was getting the arrow (stick) through the layers of fabric/ribbon!



XOXO letters and string heart. I previously did a full tutorial on these letters, so if you missed it, head on over to check it out! The string heart was inspired by this tutorial, but mine is definitely on a much smaller scale. It was super easy and I love how it turned out! Basically, I just bought a fun frame, popped the glass out, spray painted a 5x7 piece of wood grey, had Russ hammer in the nails (using a heart that was cut out by a Cricut as a guide), and then went crazy with some embroidery floss. 



I also made a Valentine's Day advent calendar which you can find here.

Do you love to decorate, too? What are some cute crafts you're dying to make? I love recommendations! :) 


**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. The heart in the frame is adorable! I love that it is smaller, and the frame is the perfect compliment for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it's my favorite, too :) And hardly any work! [For me, at least . . . R spent a while cutting wood and hammering nails :)]

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}