the bachelor

I got into The Bachelor last year because a couple of girls in my ward were talking about it and I had no clue what was going on. Since then, I'm hooked.

Unfortunately, I can't convince R to watch with me, or even listen to me talk about anything that is going on, so you all get to hear about it here :) Feel free to skip this post if you're not interested in The Bachelor :)


Here's my biggest pet peeve about the show: when the girls say "I deserve that rose tonight" or "Getting the rose tonight would mean more than any of the other roses up to this point" or really anything about the rose in general. First of all, it doesn't matter how much you share, or how personal what you share is; it matters how JP is feeling, and he'll give the rose to the girl that he's feeling it for the most that night. Second of all, of course the rose means more the later on in the game it gets. Why state the obvious?

Also, related but not quite the same, it drives me nuts when the girls say something about how they're so glad they had to wait for this moment for their first one-on-one date, when all they did before that was complain about it. Or conversely, when they complain about how it's been so long since they've had any time with JP because they got one of the first dates with him. Ain't no way to be happy on The Bachelor, I guess, so why do so many people sign up for it?

Anyway, JP is now down to four ladies, and I honestly have no clue who he's going to choose. Here are my thoughts on the remaining ladies:

Clare
First of all, Kristen Bell meets Kaley Cuoco much?! Seriously. 

But anyway, when JP took Clare on the first date, I liked her. She was fun and happy. But my like for her quickly disappeared. I get that being on The Bachelor would be extremely difficult. I'm a jealous person, so I'd probably act just like Clare. But that's one reason I would never sign up for The Bachelor (besides the obvious reason that I'm happily married) . . . I'm not cut out for that sort of thing and I know it. She's 32, so how has she not yet figured that out about herself? She acts like JP is alllll hers, which is just irritating when he's clearly dating a multitude of women. He likes her a lot, it's obvious. But all they seem to do is kiss, and from my point of view, I can't see them working out forever. I don't see her as a step-mom. I just don't see it at all.

Nikki
Nikki is another dramatic one. The way she and Clare fight is pretty ridiculous. She's funny, but I don't see the romantic connection between her and JP. She still seems nervous and uncomfortable around him. They talk more than some of the other couples, which is good, but they don't seem to have a romantic connection. They seem more like friends.

Renee
I love Renee! She's so real and so mature. She isn't gossip-y like the other girls, and she doesn't constantly have doubts about her relationship with JP. She and JP have their kids in common, but unfortunately, I still don't see them ending up together. They're just not romantic enough, and they haven't had enough time to develop that part of their relationship.

Andi
Andi has been a favorite of mine from the beginning. She is pretty, smart, and not usually catty. I also feel like she and JP have a relationship where they can talk, laugh, and be romantic together. I think they have the best thing going right now, but obviously from the sneak peak for next week, she gets pretty upset with him, so who knows if he'll end up with her or not.


I just don't know if I see JP lasting with any of these women, but I suppose I'll say my guess for his final pick is Andi.

As for the next bachelorette, I'm hoping for Chelsie--she's sweet and fun, though I never saw it going long term for her and JP.

What do you all think? Who will win JP's heart in the end? And who do you want for the next bachelorette?


**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. Andi is my fave too! and I still like Nikki... I did not like Chelsea though ... :/ I love this show. I've been watching religiously for years! ahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you like about Nikki? (I'm trying to figure out what people like about her because I just don't see much to like) and what didn't you like about Chelsie? Who would you choose for the next bachelorette?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}