thankful

For anyone who is friends with me on Facebook, you already know that I had something very irritating happen to me yesterday evening. So irritating, that I'm having a hard time getting over it, and some of the things that followed.

But instead of focusing on that, I'm going to take a cue from Lisa and post about things I'm thankful for today, because I could use a little boost. And since I can't rely on anyone else to boost me up (not for lack of others trying, but just because we're the only ones who can boost ourselves--we have to make that choice), I suppose I'll take this measure to give myself that boost.



I'm thankful that Russ has perfected the bread recipe, because it's the best bread I've ever tasted! It's seriously amazing. I normally don't like bread that much, but I eat this bread like candy.

I'm thankful that Russ and I are so similar. It's nice to have someone I can rely and depend on, who knows me and agrees with me.

I'm thankful that Russ and I are so different. I've learned so much about myself in my time with Russ, and he has helped me discover how I can be a much better person by adopting some of his traits. He helps me change and grow. 

I'm thankful that Russ took me on a date this past weekend. The pizza from Malawi's was delicious, and the time spent with Russ was even better.

I'm thankful I dropped that one class a month ago. It's so great to be done at noon instead of 2pm.

I'm thankful that summer is coming.

I'm thankful that I don't feel tired, despite the fact that I woke up at 4am to do homework today.

I'm thankful I was able to finish at least part of what I was supposed to do in those early-morning homework hours.

I'm thankful for my visiting teachers, my visiting teaching partner, and my visiting teachees. I like them all a lot, and I'm excited to become better friends with all of them.

I'm thankful it's almost lunchtime.

I'm thankful Russ did the grocery shopping this weekend.

I'm thankful Russ washed AND folded the laundry this weekend--and there was even more laundry than usual! He's so sweet to do so much for me when he knows school is stressing me out.

I'm thankful Russ is so supportive of me and my dreams. He's so good to me.

I'm thankful that most bloggers don't post on weekends, because I hardly ever get on to check out the blog world on the weekends because I'm too busy spending time with my man. So I'm glad I don't miss too much, and can easily catch up on what I do miss :)

I'm thankful Russ and I worked out this great system--he reads to me while I do dishes. Two birds with one stone!

I'm thankful Russ and I agreed to make a splurge this weekend: two giant bags of M&Ms. Peanut butter for me, peanut for him. :)

I'm thankful for life, love, and Russ.


Wow, that really did help! What are you thankful for? :)


**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. I love how thankful you are for your husband :) I'm sure he appreciates that love and respect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've gotta be thankful when he is so wonderful! :) I'm really lucky to have gotten such a good one :)

      Delete
  2. Pizza dates are ALWAYS something to be thankful for. In agree it is so much better to focus on the positive even when it is difficult.

    Today I am thankful for Starbucks, I'm thankful for a cute new dress even if it wasn't wise to wear it in the cold weather and I'm thankful for my fabulous boyfriend to text me while I'm bored traveling. Have a fabulous day girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh a new dress and traveling? Sounds exciting! Where are you headed? :)

      Delete
  3. It helps sooo much to sit down and count all your blessings like this! That quote is SO true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously--gratitude definitely helps lift a mood. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. "i'm thankful it's almost lunchtime." i laughed out loud at that one--we are pretty similar :) love this grateful list, and love the idea of counting your blessings. thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad I could make you laugh! But seriously. I was getting hungry haha :)

      Delete
  5. I'm loving this post, girlfriend!! :) It is especially touching how much you reference Russ... we sure are blessed to have some good men in our lives!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for the inspiration! :) And yes--so great to be blessed with good men :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}