it's a love story {part 1}

As I spend more and more time blog-surfing, I love reading about other bloggers. I love learning where they're from, what they like to do, and I especially enjoy a good love story [every love story is a good one :)]. People who know me well know that my favorite topics of conversation are babies, food, crafting, blogging, and . . .  relationships.

So I figured it's about time I wrote about mine :)


Part One - We Met

During my freshman year of college at BYU, I roomed with my best friend from high school, Ashlee. Yup--same name, same interests, and consequently, same living arrangements for two years of my college life. 

Us, just loving our lives as freshmen :)
Things went really well for us during freshman year, so we decided to continue the arrangement for sophomore year. 

We procrastinated finding an apartment, and as a result, we ended up looking at only a few. In the end, we were deciding between two apartments. I remember saying to Ash, "I feel like everything would point us to apartment X, but for some reason I'm leaning toward apartment Y." She agreed, so we paid our deposits and got excited about a new year at a new place. 

I also remember telling Ash, "I'm pretty sure we both had the feeling to live here so that you'd meet your future husband here." I just knew the feeling wasn't so that I would find a future husband, because I was set on marrying my high school sweetheart, who had recently left for his two-year religious mission.

Spoiler alert--I was wrong :)

I met Russ the first Sunday of the school year, after church. Most everyone in the ward was waiting outside the Bishop's office for something (can't remember what). There was a table covered in different kinds of candy, so naturally, I sat myself down there. I love meeting new people, and despite the fact that I had a missionary, I had no qualms with flirting, so I turned to the nearest guy and introduced myself.

That was Russ.

Sounds like fairytale material, right? He was the first person I met, it was love at first sight, and we never looked back!

But no, that's not what happened at all (well, I guess the first and third part of that are true, but that's beside the point). My first thought about Russ was that he was kind of nerdy. 

This pic is not from our first meeting because obviously I didn't take a picture of that, but he was
wearing church clothes when we met, so this will have to suffice for your imaginations :)
My second thought was that Russ was kind of ridiculous.

He was ridiculous because literally two seconds into our conversation, he started a sentence with "My girlfriend . . . " in that way that's like I'm saying this because I want you to know I'm unavailable!

Props for being loyal, I suppose, but he could have just held up a bright red a sign if he really felt that way: DON'T TALK TO ME; I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND.

But I could take a hint, so I quickly closed that conversation and moved on to someone else. No second thoughts, no nothing. 

I had no idea I had just met the man who would bring me more happiness than I ever knew the world could offer :)

Stay tuned for the next installment of the story!


**ashleynicole

Comments

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}