"special" date night

Oh, hello again, blog world! I've been in Texas partying with my sisters and nieces and nephews for the past few days, and then catching up on time with my husband, so I haven't posted in a while! I'll do posts about my trip soon, but today I'm posting about something else.

Remember a few posts ago when I mentioned I was excited for an upcoming date with R? Well we went to Color Me Mine, a ceramic painting place, and worked on something I've wanted for a while. 

I don't know if everyone does this, but at my house growing up, we had what we called the "special plate." We should have called it the "best plate" because it said "You're the best!" on it, but alas, it was the special plate. 

The special plate was special because it was used only for birthdays, Mother's Day, and Father's Day. For us kiddos, that meant we only got to use it once each year! Thus it was special, indeed :)

Our plate (when I was growing up) was just from a store, but I wanted our plate (in my home now) to be more special. That is why we went to Color Me Mine: we got to choose the plate shape, the colors we used, and what the plate said, and then we got to paint it ourselves. It will be even more fun to use the "special plate" because it's something we made together, and we'll be able to recall the fun memories :)







Do you or did you ever have a special plate? Or what other fun family traditions did/do you have surrounding birthdays and special days? :)


**ashleynicole


a blooper, just for fun :)

Comments

  1. haha that last picture...too funny. But yes, I loved my special plate growing up! How fun. I've always wanted to go to Color Me Mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, it's a little ridiculous :) Did you have your own special plate? Or a family special plate? And if you want to go, go! It was lots of fun :)

      Delete
  2. I want to do that!!! Your plate is cute! Thats so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It was a fun date that came with a lasting reminder of it, all for $16. So worth it :) And thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. This is so fun!! I love date nights like this with my hubby :) :)

    Happy Thursday, pretty lady!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Date night is seriously the best. We just started making it a priority this year, and I'm loving it :)

      Delete
  4. okay, i have been wanting to go to CMM for ages. your plate is adorable--i am convinced we are going soon! ps, you guys are an adorable couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go! It was super fun :) and thank you! You're so sweet . . . made my day! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}