everything is awesome

I haven't even seen the lego movie, and in creating this post, it's only the first time I've even heard the song, but I've heard about this song a bunch lately and it's the only thing that came into my head as I was thinking about my life right now:



Everything is awesome!

Part 1
With four jobs and twelve credits, life is a little crazy. And sometimes, everything stacks up at once, which gets really crazy. But lucky for me, even though I just had a stack-up, everything has been staggered just enough to work--

Feb 22 - Sociolinguistics midterm
Feb 28 - Sewing midterm
Mar 3 - Sociolinguistics project & 8-page paper due
Mar 4 - History of English midterm; all worksheets for HoE unit 2 due
Mar 5 - Design project 1 due
Mar 6 - Completed skirt (for sewing) due

I'm the kind of person who likes to focus on one thing at a time until I finish. If I have two tests on the same day, I have a really hard time with it because I don't feel like I can study for both tests simultaneously--I have to study for one, take it, then study for the other, and take it. So I've just been very blessed during this most recent stack-up because, like I said, everything was staggered just enough to work out :)

All of the above stuff is now done (except for one more thing on my skirt), and I'm not seeing anything too daunting in my homework-related future :)

Part 2
I won a giveaway! I won the Crystal Wilkerson's Life Planner over at Simple as That, so that was really exciting :) Especially since it's the first giveaway I've entered in the blog world! I've entered a few more over the past week or two, but that one was the first :) Giveaways are so cool. Maybe someday I'll host one :)

Part 3
I'm planning a fun date with my husband this weekend :) Come back soon to see what it is!

Part 4
I'm going to Texas in 8 days to see all the girls and kids on my side of the family!! SO EXCITED!

Part 5
I finally went to the new Ulta to see what all the fuss is about. I got amazing deals! I spent $20 and got all this!


They had a deal where if you spent $19.50 on Ulta brand stuff, you got that blue bag filled with a whole bunch MORE Ulta stuff (pre-chosen, so it's not like you got to pick the free stuff). Plus, the stuff I did buy was like 50% off anyway! So I bought three eye crayons, one mascara, and one lip butter (like less chalky lipstick), and got free one mascara, one nail polish, one lip gloss, one lip butter, three eyeshadow palettes, one blush, one eyeliner, one flawless prime (whatever that is?), three brushes, and the cute make-up bag. Awesome.

Part 6
The sun is shining and the weather is BEAUTIFUL!

Part 7
I just got a letter from one of my favorite cousins and best friends, Kristalyn! (More commonly referred to in our house as Talyn. Russ and I are into weird nicknames.) She is serving her mission in New York and she gets home in FOUR MONTHS! So excited :)

Part 8
We get to go to the temple tonight because I'm not overloaded with stuff on my plate! :)


And those are just eight reasons why everything is awesome in my life today :) What is awesome in your life today? Share it with me in the comments!! :)


**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. It's awesome that you posted this! Is that Ulta deal still going on? Because I've really got to get in on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idk how long it lasts but I was just there on Monday! :)

      Delete
  2. okay that song is THE BEST. thank you so much for finding that! it's my new anthem. also, yay for ulta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad to introduce you to it! I'm pretty sure it's been stuck in my head since I wrote this post . . .

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}