5 on friday


one. Spring! I'm seeing spring everywhere--outside and on every blog I visit. I love the warm weather and sunshine and flowers popping up :)

I wish I could say I took this picture, but alas, it's just from the internet :)

two. I have this birdcage that sits on one of my shelves and I change what I put inside of it for each season. For summer, I have citrus fruits (fake oranges, lemons, and limes). For fall, I have mini pumpkins and fake fall leaves. For winter, I have pinecones. Now, as I just mentioned above, it's springtime! But I have no idea what should fill the birdcage throughout spring . . . I've considered fake flowers, but I just don't want them to look fake, so I don't know if I want to go in that direction. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?? I'm open to anything :)




three. My birthday is coming up! Well, sort of. In just under two months :) Last year, for my 21st, we were planning to have a mocktail party, but basically we had no money back then, so I had to forgo my party (plus I just never got down to planning it). But this year will be different! I will have a super awesome and fun party. I just . . . don't know what I'll do yet. Again, any ideas/suggestions? :)



four. When blogging, I get this itch to use y'all. I hardly ever use it in real life (I'm not from the South), though I've never had any problems with it. I actually really like it, and I think the fact that I follow a bunch of "southern belle" bloggers is pushing the word into my mind more and more often. The only problem is, I would feel like a poser using it, because like I said, I'm not from the South. *Sigh* Guess I'll leave the language of the southern belles to the southern belles :)



five. The musical Wicked keeps popping into my mind lately (possibly because of the new villain in Once Upon a Time--speaking of which, does anyone watch that? I love it!). When I was about 12, I was obsessed with it. Thinking about it brings back fun memories of dropping everything to make the eight-hour drive to Denver, CO with my mom, sister, and bro-in-law in order to make a show that night [my mom is amazing for doing that for me :)]. I also think about going to it again in California with my mom and sister, singing the songs with my cousin, trying out for a musical in ninth grade using one of the songs, and wanting to work on Wicked songs at voice lessons. I love that musical! And now, with all this thinking about it, I'm dying to see it again :) So I hope I get to :)



And that's all, folks! Happy Friday, and happy weekend, too! :) Go ahead and link up by clicking the 5 on Friday pic at the top! :)


**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. yay for spring! and i LOVE your birdcage idea! so cute! also--happy {early} birthday! I love preparing for birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and thanks! No ideas about what to put in the birdcage for spring, then? Haha ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the bird cage!!! You can actually find some really nice fake flowers!! I always think fruit looks nice for spring too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! What kinds of fruit do you think are more spring-y? And I may have to check out a flower store . . .

      Delete
  3. How about Easter Eggs? AND Wicked is playing here in Boise at the Morrison Center in April --- come on, make a trip up this way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I want it to be something that fits all the months of spring, not just Easter . . . Thanks for the idea though :) And hmmmm . . . we might just have to do that!!

      Delete
  4. What about a bunch of baby's breath and some birds nests? That seems spring-y to me.

    I don't think I could survive without using the word y'all, but I'm from Tennessee haha I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh bird nests would have been a good idea! But I already went ahead with flowers. It's not exactly perfect, but it works :) Thanks for the suggestion though! :)

      Haha and I love people who can say y'all! I just don't think I could pull it off :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}