one last post about the bachelor

Wow. Was anyone else completely annoyed throughout The Bachelor's finale?

My biggest problem with reality TV is that no one seems to be able to accurately express what they're feeling. I think viewers understand what's going on, but somehow, everyone else seems clueless. Probably because they're actually involved, so their hearts are in it or something. With that, here are my thoughts on the finale.



#1 - I think it's totally fine that JP didn't propose or even say "I love you." Saying those words is a big deal, and if you don't feel it, you shouldn't say it. I think he really took to heart what Nikki's dad said a few episodes ago, and so he wants to be sure he feels whatever he says. Not to mention, he just went through a very unconventional route to finding someone, followed by a few months of hiding that relationship, so I don't blame him for being unsure. It takes a lot of people a lot more than ten weeks to say those words, and he was dating other people in the process, so how on earth is he supposed to know if it's real love or not when they haven't even had a real dating experiment?!



#2 - I think it's crazy that people were so proud of Clare for "standing up for herself." If she was standing up for herself, she would have left when he said the offensive comment to her after the helicopter ride. But no. She said very rude and uncalled-for things after he told her she wasn't the one. I understand that she was hurt, and I understand that she felt like he had pretty much told her he was going to pick her, but she needed to remember the way the show works. The bachelor/bachelorette falls for multiple people at once. They need to be able to imagine a life with the people they keep on the show. I completely believe that JP could imagine a life with Clare in Sacramento, having babies really soon. But that doesn't mean he wasn't also imagining a life with Nikki in Missouri. He had to weigh both of his options, and then choose his direction from there. It was unreasonable and unkind of her to throw in his face that she wouldn't want a man like him as the father of her children. He was making the best decision for himself.



#3 - On that note, the audience seemed upset with JP when, in response to 32-year-old Clare's tantrum, he said, "I'm glad I didn't pick her!" I would be saying that, too! JP's cousin specifically asked the women about how they would respond to conflict and difficulties, and if they would they go running at the first sight of it. Apparently, Clare would, because she did. She didn't listen to JP, she just ran away. I thought she handled the situation very poorly, and I really don't like that she's being made a hero, and JP is being made the bad guy.



#4 - However, don't think that I think JP is completely wonderful and misunderstood. I'm totally with Catherine about not slapping the hand that feeds you. JP acted very ungrateful for the whole experience by refusing to disclose any details about his relationship with Nikki. It makes sense that he's ready for some privacy, but it was a completely closed-mouth After the Final Rose episode. No fun for viewers, and rude to the show since it's only because of the show that he found Nikki.



#5 - But by the same token, Chris Harrison acted like a complete jerk, too. He had already been informed by Nikki that JP hadn't said I love you, so there was no need to pressure JP multiple times to say that in front of everyone. That would have been lame if JP would have caved in to that pressure, because as mentioned above, he obviously doesn't feel it yet, so why should he voice it?



#6 - Oh, Nikki. So dramatic throughout the show, so quiet in the final interview. Very uncharacteristic, don't you think? The way the couple handled the interview almost made it seem like things were over between them, but they were pretending for the sake of the show. They just didn't seem happy, so unfortunately, I predict that they will definitely not end up together.



#7 - YAY for Andi as the next bachelorette! She was my favorite (along with Renee) throughout the entire season, and I'm so glad she realized that the relationship she had with JP was too superficial to last forever. I'm excited to see how her season goes :)


So what can we learn from the episode? Say I love you only when you mean it, don't try to pressure people into saying it if they don't mean it, and don't throw tantrums if you're over the age of three. At least we can blame their tantrums on their underdeveloped brains.

If you actually just read this entire post, I'm impressed! Thanks for letting me vent here the things that my husband doesn't care to hear about :) If you're a Bachelor fan, what did you think of this season and its final episodes and result? Let me know in the comments :)


**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. I don't think I've ever watched a full season of the Bachelor/ette, and definitely no episodes from this season but every Monday night I swear I got a full recap of the show just from my twitter feed. This season made a lot of people angry and to honest I'm happy it's over! "esss okay" is my takeaway lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy it's over, too. It's one of those shows that you hate to love . . . or at least that's how I feel about it! I can't stop watching, but I just get so frustrated with everyone in it! Haha :)

      Delete
  2. I was uberly annoyed…. yuck! Bad season! I hope the next one is better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Super disappointing. But I see Andi's season as being super awesome because she's so real!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}