it's a love story {part 5}

This series is turning into a novel! So if you don't want to read part 1part 2part 3, or part 4, I wouldn't blame you. But if you do, there you go :)

Part Five - First Date . . . or Second?

When we last left off, Russ and I were finally interacting more and we both knew that we liked each other. But he still hadn't asked me on a date! But sometime in early December, he finally remedied that. On a Thursday, he asked me if I would go stargazing with him on the coming Sunday evening. I was super excited :)

But in the meantime, he kind of asked me on a different first date, but I didn't really know it. He texted me on Saturday morning, asking if I wanted to go on "a walk" with him. Fully loving every minute spent with him, I readily agreed!

But let's be clear--it wasn't a walk. It was a hike. Which isn't a big deal, except that hiking through rocky places requires different shoes than those used to walk on the nicely paved sidewalks I had anticipated. Toms=Not the right shoes for a hike.

But anyway. We walked (hiked) and talked, and it was fun getting to know him better. One specific thing I remember talking about was his career choice. His dad is a pilot, so he spent most of his childhood wanting to be a pilot as well. However, while he was on his mission, he realized that he didn't want the life of a pilot; he wanted to be able to be home with his family every night. It was quite endearing to hear that he changed his career path so that he could spend more time at home :)

Throughout the whole hike, I was dying for him to hold my hand. He even helped me climb up somewhere, but after helping me, he released my hand. I was a little disappointed, but I decided I could be more patient :)

I have no pictures of this first adventure together, but I do have a video reenactment! The following video was made my brother for our engagement video. The first half of it is what we did on this first date. [Minus all the kissing and holding hands, of course ;)]



Later that night (after our hike), we had our ward Christmas party. Russ and I definitely weren't anything official yet, but we did spend the evening sitting by each other and talking to each other. After the party, most of our FHE group went country dancing, but Russ didn't want to do that, so we went back to his apartment to watch Lie to Me instead. After sitting by each other for nearly two. whole. episodes, he finally held my hand. And I was so happy! :) Holding hands for the first time is one of my favorite things ever, because the first time is just different from every time after that. It's much more involved and butterfly-inducing. Idk, I probably sound crazy, but you get the idea.

The next day was our first "official" date--the stargazing. I started out thinking "there is no way I will kiss him tonight; it's just too soon." But when we were up the canyon, cuddling on blankets, looking at stars, and talking to each other, I was dying for him to kiss me. I kept trying to convince him--by getting closer, and moving my face closer to his, etc., but he definitely didn't take the bait. For which I'm so glad--but more about that later.

He just cuddled with me, and kept talking to me, and it was wonderful. He definitely left me wanting more :)

Are you wanting more? Well, that's too bad . . . you'll have to wait til next Wednesday! :)


**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. I just love reading love stories like this! My husband and I had an atypical love story, as we met on LDS Singles (and we've both been...sadly...inactive Mormons for a while). We found it beautiful that that's where we met though, and now that we're expecting, we're committed to going back to church!

    I can't wait to see more of this adorable love story, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that you guys met that way, and what a fantastic decision to start going back to church! I know your family will definitely be blessed by that decision. That actually reminds me of a talk I listened to yesterday: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/continually-holding-fast?lang=eng :)

      I'm glad you're excited to see more! :) I like sharing it!

      Delete
  2. awwwww so cute! i wish my story was this cute, but we just met through friends, got a little drunk.. and then i moved across the world. haha. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha just like that?! You must be leaving some details out haha :)

      Delete
  3. What an adorable video! That's so nice of your brother to film and make it for you, he did a great job. I would've probably been a teary mess if this played during my wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he got paid haha. I got the family rate, but he still got paid :) but he did do great, haha thanks! :) He made a few more videos, but I'll put those up as they become relevant :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, that video is precious! I just love love stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! And I love them, too! Reading blogger love stories is like watching romantic movies, but better cuz they're real! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday