month 1 {january}

the very first time I ever put on this 2014 christmas present shirt :)

How Far Along: 4 weeks 6 days

Size: A poppyseed! I can't even believe something so tiny turns into a full fledged baby . . . that is also tiny. Ha! :)

Gender: Obviously not sure yet, but I'm feelin' girl. I heard "Way I Are" during a workout this week and at the part where it says "Baby Girl" over and over, I was thinking, "I'm totally going to sing this song to my baby!" Hahaha made me feel like Ross & Rachel singing "Baby Got Back" to Emma.

But on that gender note, feel free to cast your vote in the sidebar on the right until April 24th-ish :)

Name: I'm calling it Little Love or Baby Love at the moment :)

Movement: Not yet, of course.  

Fun Fact:  The Ovia pregnancy app lets you choose a theme for how you want the size of your baby to be told! The options are fruit/vegetable, Parisian bakery, fun & games, and weird-but-cute animals :) Pretty sure I'll be using all four for the size for these updates from here on out :)

Sleep: The night after I took the first pregnancy test, I woke up at 3:40am and couldn't fall back asleep because I was just too excited thinking about all things baby! And pretty much every night since then, I've woken up in the middle of the night. I didn't think babies were supposed to affect sleep this early!

Weight Gain: Think it's okay if I lose a few pounds this first trimester? I was finally getting on a good exercise kick!

Symptoms: Not sure whether or not they're really related to Little Love, but I started feeling hungrier and peeing a lot starting the day after I took the test. Also, sore breasts and random small cramps.

Diabetes: This was one clue to me that I actually was pregnant. I'm often high in the days leading up to my cycle, but I was unusually high this time around. Even when I went to bed at a good number, I would wake up at 3am being 300 or 400. I've adjusted my early-morning basal rate (to be higher) and also increased my insulin to carb ratio--by almost double! Still in the early stages of implementing these changes though, so we'll see how it goes.

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing so far :)

Missing Most: Nada. I've been waiting for this for a long time!

Nursery: This is the only room in the house that is not anywhere near being done! I put it off because it didn't need to be done right away, but now I'm ready to get started! I'll be posting some before pics later this week. I'm hoping I can convince Russ to assemble the crib this week :) (We have to create a few makeshift pieces and buy new hardware to make it work.)

Daddy: is freaked out. I know he wants a baby, but he's just so scared that something will go wrong that he's not letting himself be excited yet :( Here's hoping he lets himself be excited soon!

Highlights & Memories: 

  • Three positive pregnancy tests! After countless negatives, it was nice to get some positives!
  • Also, telling Laynah that I was pregnant! Russ wouldn't let himself be excited, but I knew Laynah would be excited for me :) We spent the next few days gushing in excitement and making predictions about the gender together. I needed someone to be excited with me since Russ wouldn't let himself be excited yet.

Can’t Wait For: Everything! Announcing to friends and family, hearing the heartbeat, finding out the gender, working on the nursery, having baby showers, getting a bump, finally deciding on a middle name (we've had a few first names for ages, but no middle names to speak of) . . . I'm excited for every moment of this pregnancy :)

**ashleynicole

Comments

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}