crazy dreams

Lately I've been having some crazy dreams. Well, nightmares, really, but with some of them, it's funny that I consider them nightmares.

Thanksgiving
I'm reading Intuitive Eating right now, and one thing it talks about is having "last supper syndrome." It basically means you treat every meal as though it is the last time you will see food, or at least that particular food. Let me tell you -- I've got this issue. It's not that I don't think I'll ever get that food again, it's just that I don't know when I'll eat it again, and it's tasty so I want it. Haha, hence why I'm reading this book in the first place.

Anyway. So I think that's why I had this dream. In the dream, we're having Thanksgiving dinner, and everyone is dishing up their plate, but it seems like every single dish is being dished by someone else, so I can never get any food on my plate. By the time I finally started dishing up, my dad was already putting all the food away! And guys. It was a nightmare. Haha like I woke up from it feeling like I had just been running from a killer or something! Kind of ridiculous, but equally hilarious.

Cultural Celebration
I've been involved with this thing with the youth at my church for the past two months. Every Tuesday and every Saturday, I have gone to the church to teach them this dance and rehearse it with them. I've really, really loved it :) But the show is tomorrow, and in addition to the performance being tomorrow, we also have an all-day rehearsal.

In my dream nightmare, everything keeps going wrong. I can't find my kids, I can't find where we're supposed to be, my kids are going to miss their cue, Russ forgot to go to my parents' house and carpool with my mom, therefore my mom doesn't have her ticket . . . And I kept waking up (in real life), only to return to the same nightmare! It was crazy. Here's hoping tomorrow doesn't actually go like that

Sidenote -- The celebration is going to be SO COOL. It involves about 5,000 youth and it's just seriously going to be amazing. And they're broadcasting it, so feel free to tune in if you're interested! :) It will be streamed live at 7pm MDT on Saturday, March 19th. (And it might be available later on to watch, too.) Click the link --> Provo City Center Temple Cultural Celebration

Ex-Boyfriends
This was by far my weirdest and worst dream. I really hate that I can dream about exes when I don't even think about them in real life!

In the dream, Russ and I were considering splitting up for some reason, so I started searching out old boyfriends. The first one I saw was my boyfriend from 7th grade! He had a man-bun, which I thought was weird since he is leaving on a mission soon (in real life), so I thought he'd have a missionary cut. (Also, I've never known of him to have a man-bun in real life, so I have no idea where that came from.) Then I realized he was leaving on a mission, so why was I turning to him anyway?

So I moved on to a different ex-boyfriend, the one I dated for years and thought I would marry someday. He's actually getting married in a few months (in real life), so I was trying to be a total homewrecker and break them up so he'd come back to me. He thought about it, but in the end he stayed faithful to his fiance. (Good for you, dream ex! haha)

It was very unsettling, so when I woke up from this dream, I opted to skip my workout and cuddle with Russ for an hour instead. I never ever want to split up with that amazing husband of mine!

Also, now that I think about it, I might know what made that dream come up. I'm reading a book called 10 Lessons to Transform Your Marriage, and the chapter I read yesterday (before having the dream last night) was called "Will we ever get over your affair?" So maybe that influenced me to dream about affairs. I did not like it though. Not one bit!


I'm ready to go back to dreamless nights -- don't know what's up with my dreams this week! Do you ever have crazy dreams?


 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

  1. I had some craaaaazy dreams when I was pregnant. Super vivid. They always seemed so real that when I woke up I thought they were. Just saying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't weird ex-boyfriend dreams the oddest?!?! I had one about my ex-fiance, and I felt gross and icky all week! I cried to my husband about it haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}