weekending

The past two Saturdays have been busy and fun :) My sister-in-law, Lacey, is super fun and likes to plan fun outings. She invites us, and voila! We have fun plans without even thinking of them. It's great when we don't have to make decisions ;)

So last weekend, we went to Antelope Island for some cowboy poetry, burgers, and the Great Salt Lake. None of us had ever been in the Great Salt Lake before (or if we had, we can't remember). I've always heard things about how it's so easy to just float in that lake because of the high salt content, but I wasn't prepared for how truly easy it was. You could literally put yourself in any position and float that way! I absolutely LOVED it. That is my new number one recommendation for anyone who comes for a visit to Utah Valley--go to that lake. It's so fun! We ended the day with snow cones--our first of this summer. It was a great day with family and fun :)

10-year-old cowboy poet. he was adorable.
mackenzi, lance, lacey, jessie, me, & russ

This weekend, we made the very long day trip up to Vernal, UT so we [me and Lacey] could both cross some things off our birthday bucket lists [mine, Lacey's].

Russ was a rockstar and drove the whole way there AND back. That's a 350+ mile round trip, guys. I love him for that :) Along the drive, we enjoyed good chats, tasty snacks, and pretty views.


When we got to Vernal, Russ, Lacey, and I all went to the temple. One temple closer to going to all of the temples in Utah! :)


eliza, russ, me, & lacey
Then we grabbed lunch at a Mexican place before heading off to the Dinosaur National Monument.


eliza, lacey, russ, & me
We took a short trolley ride from the visitor's center up to the monument, and it kind of felt like we were in Jurassic Park . . . 



While we were there, we got to read and hear about dinosaurs and how they all ended up so concentrated in this one area. The monument is built around a wall that is just covered in the bones. It's pretty interesting to just see the bones buried in the wall.

the monument
the wall of bones

favorite pic of the day! :)
After checking out the bones, we went on a short hike. We were so lucky because it just happened to be overcast during our hike, making the weather pretty perfect. Shortly after, the sun came back out . . . I was so glad it had hidden for our hike because I'm a notorious complainer about any sort of extreme weather . . . haha :)







We finished out the day by checking out some petroglyphs. Fun fact learned from Lacey: Hieroglyphs are painted on; petroglyphs are scratched off. So there you go :)

i'm mimicking the guy that is just above me and to the left. can you see him? 

All in all, it was a great day! Though I learn every day that it's not about what you do, but who you do it with. I really enjoyed spending the day with Russ, Lacey, and Eliza. We had good conversations and fun times :)

I normally only post on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but since I skipped out last Friday, I think I'll do a bonus post tomorrow of the super easy DIY I did last week. Be sure to come by and check it out! :)

Hope your weekends have been as good as mine! :)


 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

  1. I LOVE DINOSAURS! What a fun weekend and trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all, your adventures look insanely great. i love summer fun! also, since i don't get email notifications on my blog, i wanted to come here & thank you for your sweet comment on my post about finding myself. it really touched me. you are wonderful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest. So glad to know you, even if it's only through the blogosphere [so far ;)]

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}