oh hey, friday {crafting}


Since the 5 on Friday gals are taking a break for the summer, these two farming ladies are implementing the exact same link-up with a different name. I'm all over that! Especially because I completely love their button . . . I mean look at that! ^^

Today's 5 are all about crafting, because that's pretty much all I've been doing this week. I'm supposed to be doing things like going through everything I've ever owned and getting rid of what I never use, but instead I've been checking some things off my to-craft list. The list just gets longer and longer every day, and I've had supplies for some of these things for quite a while, so it was time. Organizing and condensing can wait, right? :)


one. A few weeks ago, I bought bottle #3 for a quarter at a garage sale. It looked kind of creepy and Halloween-y to me, so I thought I'd add it to my Halloween decorations to be a witch's potion bottle or something. Then a few weeks later, my mom bought me bottles 2 & 4 at a garage sale to add to the collection. They were just clear glass at the time, so they didn't look quite right yet. But I have this pin that told me that if you use elmer's glue and food coloring, it creates a sea-glass effect, so that's just what I did. And then bottle #1 is just a recently consumed Martinelli's. All gathered together, I think they make a pretty good set of potions. What do you think?



two. I have another pin with a family birthday calendar, which is what this will (someday) be. This is my least complete craft of the week. I still need to add the month abbreviations to the bottom of the sign (but my cricut keeps messing up the letters because they're so small, so I'm not sure what to do about that . . . ) as well as all of the hanging names and dates. Someday I'll finish. But I really like how the colors turned out! :)


three. For Christmas, one thing Russ bought me was a giftcard to Forever 21. 7 months later, and I still haven't used the whole thing (and it's not like it was a $500 giftcard or something . . . just $25). Thing is, Forever 21 used to be one of my favorite stores, but lately, the style has changed and I just don't like much of what they have anymore. But I did spend some money on a plain white V-neck and a plain black V-neck. They were like $3 each. What a steal, right? Too bad I accidentally dried the white V-neck and it shrunk to be too short on me. Luckily, I recently saw this shirt which gave me this brilliant idea. It turned out pretty great! It looks better on a person than on a hanger, but on a hanger is all you get haha :)


four. I've had my eye on this craft for quite some time, and I've even had the supplies for a few months now. For some reason, I thought cutting vinyl on a cricut was different than cutting paper. Nope. Not really at all! So I finally got to work on it. The red part is just a piece of paper . . . it will be replaced by a piece of metal, and then I'll make picture magnets of our faces. It's coming together! :)


five. This craft was so simple and easy! I saw it here and loved it. It took me maybe half an hour to make it. Just had to buy some drink umbrellas and then stick them in all over! I think I'll try to find a shell necklace like this one (I know we used to have some lying around . . . maybe I can find one?) to be the string to hang it on. It's a great summer wreath, but unfortunately I won't be hanging it on my door until we live somewhere else, because I have neighbor kids that are terrors and they like to ruin anything I hang on my door. Sad day.


So there's my week! Haha and I still have a bunch more crafts to start and finish . . . I'm loving having such a free summer! Anyone else having a crafting summer? :)
 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

  1. freaking cute crafts!! You are so talented and I LOVE your shirt. Whaaaat?! I wanna see it on! Right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! And okay, Maybe I'll wear it sometime soon and take some pics, but truth be told, I didn't model it because I was still in need of a shower haha :)

      Delete
  2. They're all so adorable! I especially love the shirt. You should do a post about how you made it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And hey, maybe I will :) keep an eye out for that in the near future I guess :)

      Delete
  3. Those bottles look great! And that SHIRT! I love it! You have no idea how badly I wish I could whip out the sewing machine and bust out that cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) :) What's stopping your from whipping out the machine?! Do it! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}