it's a love story {part 6}

Catch up on my love story with parts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, and check back every Wednesday for a new installment :)




Part Six - Kiss the Girl

After our first (second?) date, I couldn't stop thinking about how much I wanted to kiss him! I liked him so much, and kissing was the logical next step.

But Russ wanted to take things slow. His last relationship had been bad, and at this point, he was still trying to make sure I wasn't just a rebound, and he was also in no hurry to add physical dimensions to our relationship.

Luckily, he told me how he was feeling. He said, "I like you, A LOT, but I'm going to take this almost painfully slow. It is killing me right now to not kiss you ;) but I want to try it slow and see where things take us."

I think this is one key to why our relationship worked out so perfectly . . . If you'll recall from part 2, I had two very short relationships earlier in the semester. The 2-day guy and I only held hands, but the 12-day guy and I were officially bf/gf and we kissed. Part of why I broke up with both of them is that I felt like they were pursuing me much too diligently. I felt suffocated by them, and by 12-day guy who wanted to kiss more often than he wanted to talk. I remember telling Ash, after dumping my 12-day boyfriend, that in order for anyone to take me away from my missionary, they'd have to be the perfect combination of being hard-to-get while still letting me know they were interested. I also told Ash I believed that combination to be virtually impossible to find.

Well, I was wrong about that, because Russ was exactly that. I knew he was interested, but he also didn't suffocate me. I had to text him first sometimes. I couldn't kiss him until he was ready. He didn't even hold hands as soon as I wanted him to. So by him not giving in to my desire to kiss him, he kept me very interested. 

He really didn't make me wait that long. Though it felt like an eternity, it was really only about a week. 

He came over at about 2am (not a booty call--at this point in time, he was working for Fed-Ex from like 2:30-6:30am) to see me before he headed off to work. We sat on my couch for a few minutes and cuddled. And then, finally, he kissed me . . . 

And it was . . . short. It was the tiniest peck of a kiss in the history of the world, I'm sure of it. 

So I said, "That's it?!"

He teased me for another minute that it was, indeed, it, but then he did end up kissing me properly :)

It was worth the wait :)


**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. ahhh! i love love-stories!! this is SOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha well thanks! :) I'm glad you're enjoying it :) It's definitely one of my favorite things to talk about and read about on other blogs! :)

      Delete
  3. Aw this made my heart smile! Have you thought about printing off these blog posts into a scrapbook or minibook for you two when the series is finished? It would be such a sweet momento!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww, so happy to have made that happen! :) And I haven't really thought about doing a minibook because I journal and I scrapbook, so I think I'm pretty well covered! Haha but maybe you're right . . . maybe I should do one more focused on all the aspects of our early love. Guess we'll see if I make time for it, ha! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}