it's a love story {part 4}

New here? Catch up with part 1, part 2, and part 3!


Part Four - Let's Get This Party Started

It was now the beginning of December (2011), so our FHE group made plans to see the lights at Temple Square together. We had to take two cars up to see the lights, and sadly, Russ and I did not end up in the same car.

However, I can't remember the reason, but someone asked me to text someone in the other car with a question. So of course, I texted Russ! After getting the answer to the question, we continued to text. As we passed Thanksgiving Point, he mentioned that he had never been there before. When I replied that I hadn't been there either, he said, "We should go sometime!" At this point I was freaking out inside, and said "We as in me and you, or we as in our FHE group?" and he said, "The former :)"

And that's how I knew he liked me. Haha it sounds so ridiculous now, but the whole beginning process of falling in love is always kind of ridiculous when you think about it. But completely wonderful at the same time :)

At Temple Square, we had lots of fun :)

Me and my bestie :)



The first FB profile pic of mine that he was ever in :)


Look how close to me he's standing! Haha :)
When we were up in the Joseph Smith Building, looking out the window at the Temple, Russ pointed to a building in the distance and asked if I saw it. When I replied that yes, I did, he said, "That's where my dad proposed to my mom."

My first thought: Why is he telling me about his parents' engagement? We're not even dating yet!

My second thought: That'd be weird if he proposed to me someday . . .

Crazy, right?

Over the next week, our FHE group took "family Christmas pictures"


and watched Elf (and Russ and I sat by each other and our arms touched! Haha), Ash and I threw an EPIC dance party at our apartment which Russ attended (and after which Russ and I talked for a few hours about life and other deep stuff), and Russ and I continued to text often.

Things were going slowly, but it was good :) We were definitely in the I-like-you-but-I'm-still-not-super-good-at-talking-to-you-yet phase :)

Stay tuned to see what happened next--coming up, our first date!


**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, you are soooo cute! I love reading this! It brings back all the awkward, giddy and exciting feelings from the first moments of dating Eric :) Such sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! Yes, meeting and falling in love for the last time is pretty great, right? :) So great that it makes you want to do it all over again, but with the same person ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}