my life in lists: pinterest edition

Why, hello Blog World! It's been awhile. And that's because I was busy enjoying myself in Seattle with Husband and family. I will do a recap of that trip this Friday, but today I am linking up with If These Walls Could Speak and K.Gilby for their weekly My Life in Lists link-up. The list for today is

things from pinterest that have changed my life

I most often use my Pinterest account for craft & fashion ideas, and occasionally for recipes. I wouldn't say any of these things are "life-changing," but I definitely enjoy seeing all the different things I can make or things that I can do with my style. The most life-changing part about it is that I am much more into crafts than I ever was before Pinterest, and would consider crafting to be one of my main hobbies. So now, some Pinspiration :)

one. Mod-podged letters and string heart.


My letters took on a much different style, and my string heart is a lot smaller scaled, but these two pins are the ones that inspired my Valentine's Day decor:

For the tutorial for the letters, click here. For more information on my string heart, click here.



 

Those pins inspired my own creations:

See original post here.


three. Pinterest is also the reason for my current obsession with stripes.

original
original
original

I don't have any pictures of myself in stripes yet, but I did buy three striped shirts with my birthday money. (And yes, I spent my birthday money before my birthday. It always happens.)



four. These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are so delicious. When I first discovered the recipe, I made them about three times in just a few weeks. Then we took a break, but I think it might be time for another batch . . . 
Recipe found here.

For more of my Pinterest successes, check out my board dedicated to that. Or just check out my entire Pinterest collection.

Don't forget to go see the blogs of the hostesses of this link-up!

Also, I finally got on the bandwagon and started using Instagram, so if you feel so inclined, follow me :)

Don't forget to come back on Wednesday for the next chapter in my love story, and on Friday for a Seattle edition of 5 on Friday!


**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. Pinterest is the greatest thing ever! I get sooooo many recipes from it. And I also spend birthday money before I have it. This year it was about a month before my birthday haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, I quite like Pinterest myself :) I get lots of recipes from it, but I need to actually make more of them! And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one... what did you spend your birthday money on this year? :)

      Delete
  2. STRIPESS!! I am swooning over all of this :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the stripe bug too! My entire closet is pretty much stripes & polka dots! Love your Pinterest picks, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I seriously love them. And looking at the pics that I posted, I realized I didn't get any of the striped shirts that I should have, so now I might need more. Oh, goodness. Haha anyway thanks for hosting! :)

      Delete
  4. Those outfits are so cute! And now I'm craving peanut butter chocolate-chip cookies so thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha well they're pretty great, and super easy to make, so you should just give in and bake some ;)

      Delete
  5. Ohhh I'm having a striped love affair too but cookies and stripes don't go so well together so I'm tried to keep the latter in check lol. Pinterest certainly hasn't changed my life either but it is great for inspiration, isn't it? PS adding you on insta! :)
    the-lifestyle-project.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha too true. Darn those cookies for messing with our stripes! And yay! Thanks for the add! :)

      Delete
  6. I've definitely been one to spend all of my birthday money before my birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}