the one about families

Spiritual Sunday

If you could keep just one thing with you when you died, what would you keep?

For me, it would be my amazing husband, Russ.

I had to put a funny one . . . cuz my husband is funny! :)

And just cute :)
He's wonderful :)

But, if I could keep one thing collectively, it would be my whole family: my parents, my siblings, my nieces and nephews, my grandparents and aunts and uncles, and my future children.

And that is what I love about my church. I get to! 

We believe in life after death, and we believe that we will be able to share that life with all of our loved ones. Relationships don't end with death; they continue on into eternity.

Today in church, we talked a lot about doing genealogy: learning about ancestors, writing down our own histories for future generations, and basically just linking generations together. 

It made me want to learn more about my family. I want to learn things about those who have already passed on, but I also want to learn about people who are still alive. I have a great family and I know I could learn a lot from each of them. 


I also want to be better about keeping records about my own life. I used to be so good at it . . . until I got married. Then I was just too happy to spend time writing things down. But my life with Russ is what I really want to record. The challenges, the joys, and the journey.

I'm so grateful to be part of a church whose ultimate focus (besides Jesus Christ) is the family. Because the greatest joys and successes come from being part of a loving family. I love my family :)


So what do you think? Do you want to hold onto your family forever, craziness and all? ;)


**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I feel that society has strayed far from the truth in trying to be politically correct with all the various living arrangements people come up with...when in reality, there IS an ideal--and it's up to all of US to really work to make sure the future children of the world can enjoy that ideal, with a loving father and mother in the home, raising children in unity. That family unit is so essential to Heavenly Father's plan for our happiness--and that's why He provided a way for the family to be an eternal unit when a husband and wife are joined by His power and His authority in His house--the Holy Temple.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}