2018 list recap


Each year, I make a huge bucket list of things I could do in the year. My goal is (kind of) to do at least one thing each month so that by the end of the year I have 12 concrete things I have accomplished. However, sometimes I forget about the list, so it doesn't necessarily work out to be one thing per month. 

In 2018, I did (or at least made some progress on) 16 concrete things! Anything with its own blog post is linked :)
  • Cut back on social media usage - Well, at least for 10 days, I did a social media fast. I have intentions of putting strict regulations around social media, but have yet to follow through on that 😐
  • Come up with a meal-planning strategy - kind of. I started using Citrus Pear, which is pretty awesome for people like me who HATE all things having to do with meal planning and prep.
  • Read a book - 168 Hours, Make the Bed, The Power of Now, A Simple Favor, 7, and various sleep books
  • Organize my closet and get rid of anything I don’t wear - ehhh I've decluttered it, but it always needs further decluttering
  • Go on a weekend trip
  • Recover the jump drive - in progress
  • Travel to a new state - Texas
  • Make a 2015 photobook
  • Make a 2016 photobook
  • Finish up 2017 photobook
  • Scan my scrapbooks from 2011-2014 and turn them into photobooks
  • Start a New Year’s tradition - I want more NY traditions than this, but I did decide we would have pot stickers for dinner every NYE. Pot stickers were a Christmastime tradition for Russ growing up, and so I decided we'd adopt it, but for NYE.
  • Get parents’ VHS tapes onto DVD - in progress
  • Make a date night list/box/jar
  • Pare down my Pinterest boards/pins - I did do this a bit, but probably need to do more
  • Throw a surprise party - Okay, so it wasn't a surprise party, but I did throw three parties this year! One for Russ's birthday, one for Ada's birthday, and one for my friend's baby shower (Katie)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}