baby sprinkle for katie

I love to throw parties, but I don't get the chance (or have the budget!) often enough! However, when one of my good friends, Katie Allan, was having her second baby (but the opposite gender of her first baby), I jumped at the chance to throw her a little baby sprinkle :) And it turned out pretty great, if I do say so, myself :D

I browsed Pinterest for ideas, and re-created this invitation.


I was initially thinking I'd create a photo backdrop, which is why I hung the gold sheet, but then we didn't end up using it that way, so I probably would have liked the whole set-up better if I had just let the natural window light come through here, but oh well :)


For refreshments, we had an ice cream bar along with a sprinkle-covered cake.

The sprinkle-covered cake taught me to never work with sprinkles ever again 😂 They just bounce and fly EVERYWHERE! haha


The cute mama! :)


For activities/games, I just planned one game, and it was a total hit! I had guests send me their own baby photos in advance, got them all printed, and then everyone tried to guess who was who (bummed I didn't get a photo of the baby pic board!). Everyone was totally engaged in the game and had a great time. It definitely took some work (and hounding) on my part to get enough photos, but I do think it was the most well-liked baby shower game I've ever seen! Plus the winner got a $10 giftcard to Sodalicious, and I was pretty proud of that, too, because I hate coming away from a shower with a lotion prize that I just don't need. Everyone likes giftcards, though!


Then Katie opened presents and the shower was over! It's always crazy to me how much time, effort, and money can go into a party, and then it's over in like 2 hours or less 😂 Luckily, my mom helped me a bunch the morning of the shower, and Katie even helped, too. And I'm pretty sure, including the giftcard, I only spent around $50 for the shower, so not too shabby. Plus I got to help make my wonderful friend Katie feel some love :) I'm so happy I got to throw her this shower!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}