2018 list


The past few years, I have had this running list of things I can work on. So here it is again, with accomplished goals removed, and also with a few additions and deletions based on how my life has changed in the past few years.
  • Cut back on social media usage - Well, at least for 10 days, I did a social media fast. I have intentions of putting strict regulations around social media, but have yet to follow through on that 😐
  • Focus on consistency
  • Come up with a meal-planning strategy
  • Try something new
  • Read a book - 168 Hours, Make the Bed, The Power of Now, A Simple Favor, 7, and various sleep books
  • Go skinny dipping
  • Throw a dinner party for friends
  • Do karaoke
  • Join a sports team
  • Splurge on something that will last me years
  • Go on a cross-country road trip
  • Attend a major sporting event
  • Take a class that’s totally out of my element, like improv, golf, or pottery-making
  • Unplug for a full day, or maybe even a full weekend or week 
  • Say yes for an entire week
  • Learn to drive stick
  • Take a photography class
  • Learn to can food
  • Go on a little girls trip
  • Pay for the person behind me
  • Get ready every single day for a month
  • Organize my closet and get rid of anything I don’t wear - ehhh I've decluttered it, but it always needs further decluttering
  • Create a look book for my clothes and accessories
  • Stop being a slob
  • Reconnect with an old friend
  • Learn a song on the piano
  • Sew something
  • Follow a cleaning schedule
  • Memorize “The Living Christ”
  • Memorize “The Family: A Proclamation to the World”
  • Go on a weekend trip
  • Learn a new make-up technique
  • Learn how to do a new hairstyle
  • Get Zumba-certified
  • Recover the jump drive - in progress
  • Compile a recipe book with all the recipes I actually use
  • Learn to garden
  • Mend all my mending things
  • Pick a Christ-like attribute to work on
  • Run in a race
  • Focus on reaching out to people
  • Focus on being a missionary
  • Focus on giving more love to Russ than usual
  • Focus on service
  • Whiten my teeth
  • Travel to a new state - Texas
  • Make a 2015 photobook
  • Make a 2016 photobook
  • Finish up 2017 photobook
  • Scan my scrapbooks from 2011-2014 and turn them into photobooks
  • Start a New Year’s tradition - I want more NY traditions than this, but I did decide we would have pot stickers for dinner every NYE. Pot stickers were a Christmastime tradition for Russ growing up, and so I decided we'd adopt it, but for NYE.
  • Visit the Red Butte Gardens
  • Get parents’ VHS tapes onto DVD - in progress
  • Digitize all photos before 2006
  • Find a way to spend one-on-one time with my dad monthly
  • Make a date night list/box/jar
  • Pare down my Pinterest boards/pins - I did do this a bit, but probably need to do more
  • Play glow stick hide and seek
  • Find a signature fragrance
  • Go for tea at the Grand America
  • Mail a care package
  • Throw a surprise party - Okay, so it wasn't a surprise party, but I did throw three parties this year! One for Russ's birthday, one for Ada's birthday, and one for my friend's baby shower (Katie)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}