gift for Jesus in 2019


Years ago, Russ and I decided that we wanted to have a white stocking for Jesus to hang alongside our family stockings. Throughout December, it's to remind us to think about what gift we'd like to give to Jesus in the upcoming year. Then, on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day or sometime in December, we take time to really think about what gift we're going to give, we write it down, and put it in the stocking.

However, we've actually never followed through with this. December is busy and all, right?

But when I was reading my scriptures the other day (maybe in Moroni 7, but maybe back in Ether, can't remember), I received a prompting for what I want my gift for Jesus to be in 2019, which is to really focus on repentance.

I haven't committed any major sins like murder or adultery, but I'm most certainly guilty of being unkind, judgmental, lazy, rude, etc. on occasion. However, despite all of my shortcomings, I've never really taken part in the repentance process on a daily basis.

This year, I want to do just that. I want to take the time to look back over the day and see where I fell short, make restitution if possible/necessary, and make a plan for how I can do better next time. I want to involve my Heavenly Father in this process, too. And I also want to spend more time studying what it really means to repent.

These are just a few of the basic ideas I have on this subject so far, but I know that if I stay committed to this goal, I'll be a completely different person on the other side of 2019. And that's something I want to give to my Savior, who has given me everything.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}