thanksgiving week {a surprise christmas experience}

This year my parents wanted to do something a little different for Christmas. They wanted to give us an experience! Since my sister's family was in town from Texas for the week, they decided to do it then.

The Aquarium
Russ and I were the first to arrive at the aquarium, so we spent a few minutes taking selfies. Russ obviously didn't get the memo that we were supposed to do smiles ;) we got one eventually :)








The penguins were so cute! I have no pics of this, but I went up close to the glass with Max and we looked at the penguins and he was so enchanted with them! It was sooooo stinkin' adorable :)


















So Photographer Dad neglected to really get the whale in the pic, but it was a pretty hilarious thing when we sat on this orca because Russ promptly slipped off hahaha :) Some people watching nearby even gave him a 10 for his perfect fall haha :)







we found nemo!




 The sharks totally creeped me out, but Max thought they were pretty cool :)

















Cafe Rio

Temple Square
We didn't last long at Temple Square because everyone (except me! so prepared ;) ) was freezing. We were literally there for like 20 minutes haha :)









Little America
We all got rooms at the Little America. It was such a cute hotel! We all had hot chocolate together in my parents' room and those kids sure liked it! Especially Max haha :) We played some games and then went to bed :)



Swimming
In the morning, Russ and I opted to sleep in, but everyone else went for a swim. Normally I don't post pics when I wasn't there, but there were just some super cute ones from the pool! :)





Buffet Brunch
The hotel has this amazing buffet brunch, so that's what we did next! Dude. It was seriously so good! This buffet totally had quantity AND quality covered. I'm already dreaming of going back! Haha :)


It was a fun weekend and a great Christmas experience :)

**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. Sounds like so much fun! And what a neat idea to give an experience :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}