thanksgiving week {snowball fight and other randoms}

My faaaavorite part about Thanksgiving week was actually an impromptu snowball fight. We had just returned home from our Christmas experience and there was snow on the driveway. Russ and I were first to arrive, and because Russ knows how much my mom hates driving on the driveway when there's snow on it (because it packs it down and makes it harder to get rid of), he started shoveling the driveway. After a minute or two, I followed suit and got to work on the driveway (aka it took me longer to feel charitable than it took him haha).

When Brooke and Ryan and the girls got home, those Texas girls were super excited about the newly fallen snow, and they wanted to play! At first, I was just focused on getting the work done, but then decided, why not join this spontaneous snowball fight? There's no reason good enough not to! (I'm hoping when I'm a parent someday, I'll be really good at letting my kids be little and have fun and I won't shut them down all the time because I'm too busy adulting. I doubt I'll be super good at it, but I practice now when I can. Sure there were other things to do, and sure I knew my hair would get all wet and messy, but it was an opportunity to do some bonding with those little girls, so I took it.)

It was so fun playing together, laughing, screaming, running, teaming up, and breaking truces. It's so funny to me that when you're a kid, all you care about it playing and having fun, and as an adult, it's so easy to forget about playing and having fun because you're always thinking about a million other things you need to or should be doing. I liked letting loose and feeling like a kid again :) (Though the fun did end when Brooke accidentally nailed Bree in the face, causing a bloody lip and lots of hysterical screaming.)












Also during Thanksgiving week, the girls and kids went to the Dinosaur Museum up at Thanksgiving Point. My favorite part was the star room . . . basically just a bunch of LED lights, but it was fun and I couldn't help but think what a romantic date could happen there if you had the right connections! Haha :) But my least favorite part was this one:


I literally screamed when I turned the corner and saw this big guy coming for me. (In case you don't know, I definitely have a phobia of sharks. To the irrational point of sometimes being afraid of being in the lake. Where there are no sharks.) This would be my absolute worst nightmare.

Other candids from the week:

Max decided he could fit into the doll stroller, and looked dang cute doing it! :)
sleeping McKenna (and you wouldn't believe how many pictures
we have of members of my family sleeping on stairs haha)
giving Hadley a little horsey ride :)
It was a wonderful week with family, food, and fun :)

**ashleynicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}