park city getaway

My parents are involved in all sorts of timeshares, so as one of their kids, I'm lucky enough to sometimes reap those benefits! About once/year, they give us a night in Park City, and we get offered all sorts of other weeks but we can't just up and leave work all the time! Haha :) This weekend getaway was especially fun because it had been a while since we'd had a special weekend alone :) 

We started out the weekend by eating at a fancy French bistro (Bistro 412) using a restaurant.com deal. The food was expensive but the deal was good, so it worked out :) We got one salad and one meal to share, as well as some mac'n'cheese and fries for our super adult palates ;) Everything was delicious :)





Next, we went into a photo gallery on Main Street. It had beautiful photos of outdoor scenes. We couldn't get very good pics though haha :)



After that, we went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and got some tasty treats. I got an apple pie carmel apple and a peppermint truffle. Both were seriously delicious.

Next we headed to our hotel. There we watched Life as We Know It and cuddled on the king bed. Russ was being so sweet and romantic the whole weekend . . . I loved it :)

After sleeping in the next morning, we used a second restaurant.com deal for brunch. We went to a place called Jafflz, which basically makes international paninis. It was a long wait time (even though we were the only ones there) but the food was tasty :) We got four different kinds to share--fritata, ba-bootie (lamb curry), mac'n'cheese, and choco mono (nutella banana). I liked all of them except the lamb curry, and I especially liked the nutella banana. So. Stinkin. Good. (at least if you like nutella and bananas) :)



We then headed to the outlet mall up there and spent way too much time shopping and getting ourselves some new clothes for Christmas. I was exhausted by the end of it!

We seriously had a great time, and sometimes I don't know how to communicate that effectively enough. I feel like I spend so much time saying "we had fun" because I don't know how else to say it. We really did have a wonderful time together. It was a romantic and lovely weekend, and I loved the opportunity to get away together. We don't even have kids to escape from, but I still feel like romantic weekends that are something out of the ordinary are one of the best ways to add spark to marriages. I highly recommend them :)

 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

  1. This looks delicious! We'll be in UT before Christmas to visit my in-laws, so I'll have to see if my husband and I can sneak up to try Jafflz!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}