5. Get Zumba certified (or at least find a Zumba class that I like enough to regularly attend)


Well folks, it's happened. I've finally found a zumba class that I really enjoy!

I've never been a huge fan of exercising. I want to like it, and I want to be one of those adorable fitness junkies, but really, I'm just a foodie that hates exercise. It's a problem.

BUT the one form of exercise that I love is zumba! I went to my first zumba class during my freshman year of college, and it was perfect. I was on the dance team in high school, but didn't really continue dancing in college, so zumba was reminiscent of a dance class. The teacher was awesome, the dances were fun, and I went every Thursday with two of my best friends, Talyn and Ashlee. Talyn invited us to the class and I'm so glad she did.

But then that place shut down, the teacher ended up moving out of state, and so I was out of a zumba class. Since then, I've tried many different classes with many different teachers (at least five) and I just never loved them. BUT! I finally found one!

Talyn and I wrote each other the whole time she served her mission in New York. A few months before she came home, she told me she was enrolled in a zumba class for the fall semester, and I should join. I was like #25 on the wait list, but by the time the semester actually started, I was in the class, too.

Though not as Latin-based as my first zumba class, the dances in my current class are so fun. The teacher is quirky and happy, and members of the class face each other to dance (two lines facing two lines with the teacher in the middle). I always dance across from Talyn and we rock out together haha :) We've made some new friends, too!

me, talyn, ashlyn, and erin
on wednesdays, we wear pink. (except not really, since it was a thursday)
But then I had this epiphany. One day Talyn missed class, and though I still enjoyed it, it wasn't nearly as fun. So maybe all this time that I've been searching for the right zumba class, I've just been missing dancing with my best friend/cousin! But whatever. We are loving it :)

As for zumba certification, I'm thinking that will have to wait. It costs a lot of money that I'm just not willing to spend on that yet. Russ and I are saving for some other big things, so as long as I've got a good zumba class to go to, there's no need to certify just yet. Maybe next year :)

What do you like to do for exercise? :)

 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

  1. So fun! I too love zumba. I was almost in a class at BYU, but then I decided to do weight lifting instead because I knew it would be a huge challenge for me. I'm definitely going back to my zumba after this semester though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, good for you! I definitely would not pick the challenge of weight lifting haha :) Do you have a specific place you go to zumba for? If so, where is it?! :)

      Delete
  2. i love zumba - and reading this post made me realize how much i MISS going with friends! (it's always better when you can make faces at each other and laugh when you move your hips like a total white girl.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesyesyes it is the BEST with friends. Haha but lately, even if I'm not dancing across from Talyn, I'll still make faces and engage the person across me because, really, it's just more fun that way. There's this one girl I do it to and she gets so like self-conscious or embarrassed or something. It's super fun to try to get her to let loose with me :) Do you go to a zumba class currently? Where at? :)

      Delete
  3. Yay! Glad you found an exercise you enjoy... and with your best friend. :) There's strength in numbers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}