weekending

On Friday, we were last-minute invited to this fancy gala (one of those things where it's like a million dollars/plate) because a family friend from out of town decided to buy a bunch of seats last minute (basically to just make a donation) and told my parents to invite their kids, so that is how we got invitations. We were also able to extend an invitation to Russ's sister, Lacey, and she got to bring a friend as well. Though we didn't get to sit by them during the event, we went to Lacey's after for a few hours to hang out and chat.

The gala was for Mentors International, a company that goes to poor countries and finds the poorest of the poor, gives them tiny loans (we're talking like $20), and then those people are expected to build a business with that loan, repay it, and pull themselves out of poverty by doing so. So it's pretty awesome :)

The event included dinner and an amazing performance by William Joseph and Nathan Pacheco. And guys. They were AWESOME. I almost fell in love again. It reminded me that I really need to become more cultured--to attend more artistic performances.




Then on Saturday, we had a lazy morning. Then Russ changed the oil in the car (I love that he does manly stuff like that!) while I attended a baby shower for my sister-in-law Amy. I get two new nephews in the next month or so! Then that evening, I introduced Russ to the magic of Disney Channel Halloween movies. We watched Don't Look under the Bed. Next up, Halloweentown! ;)

Sunday was pretty relaxing because we don't have church until 1:40 now. Following church, we went to a friend's house for dinner, to which we brought this pumpkin pecan cookie pie. We didn't do the frosting, and we did chocolate chips instead of cinnamon chips, but it was still pretty tasty, though not too different from regular pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. It was my first pumpkin treat of the season, and I'm already looking forward to making more! :D

So there you have it, our weekend in a nutshell! What fun things did you do this weekend? :)


 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

  1. a gala? that sounds so fun - what a cool opportunity. and hey, i don't know if it notifies you when i reply to your comments on my blog (i tried to fix it but who knows if it worked!) but i answered your ski lift question :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was fun :) And no, I get no notifications (notifications only come if you reply directly to the email notifications you receive at your email [if you even receive them there?]), so thanks for letting me know you answered! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}