oh hey, friday {girls' trip to texas}

Remember how, oh so long ago, I mentioned my girls' trip to Texas, and promised a recap soon? Well, better nearly five months later than never, right? And I'll even do it Oh hey, Friday style :)

So pretty much every year, the girls+kids in my family all get together for a trip. I've never actually been on one, because they always seem to choose a time that is inconvenient with whatever classes I'm taking at the time. This time, however, I made it work, so I got to spend five days with my mom, sisters, sister-in-laws, and nieces and nephews. That's six adults and nine kids (under eight years old). It was CRAZY! But also fun :) We spent the first part of the trip in San Antonio, and we stayed at the house of some of my parents' friends while that family was on their own spring break vacation. Some of the things we did were . . .


one. Sea World. It was fun to watch shows and see animals with the kids, but the best part was when me, Anya, and Brooke (the non-pregnant people [well, and my mom wasn't pregnant either, but she just doesn't like rides]) broke away to ride some real roller coasters. Anya has been pregnant for almost every single big family vacation we've ever been on, so for the first time, she wanted to do the things non-pregnant people can do! She was really excited about it, which made it even more fun for the three of us :)



this kid was sooo tired during this show. he fell asleep on my shoulder
and stayed asleep through every single time I had to move him
to make myself more comfortable haha :)







two. Chick-fil-a. I don't know what the obsession was, but we really liked eating at Chick-fil-a on this trip. So much so, that we ate there twice in the three days we were in San Antonio.



cutest or what?!


three. Girls Night Out. Having so many kids around was exhausting. Especially for me, since I'm used to the peace and quiet of zero kids. On one afternoon, some of my sister's friends came over to babysit the kids while we went out for a few hours. We did a little browsing at a shopping area and we grabbed some dinner from a Mexican place, and it was bliss. It was so fun being able to have adult conversation without interruption. I have such a great family! :)

brooke (sis), anya (sil), me, amy (sil), mom, rachel (sis)




four. Playing outside. At the house we stayed at, they had a lovely yard, filled with lots of fun stuff to do! The kids really liked playing on their playset :)




are these pjs not the cutest?!
and this jacket!!

five. Reptile & Petting Zoo. After our few days in San Antonio, we went back to Kyle, TX (Near Austin) where my sister Brooke lives. A bunch of us got sick on that travel day (Sunday), but we were all better by Monday, which was good because that's when we planned to go to this little zoo. It was fun to get to hold and see so many animals. Also fun to see which of my nieces and nephews are fearless when it comes to animals, and which ones are scaredy cats ;)

abram

mckenna & brooke
naomi
hadley (haddie) & amy
noah & savannah

jackson
noah & bree

anya & joseph
mckenna is a crazy climber!
savannah, naomi, & bree





rachel (with adeline in her belly!)


piglets are so cute!!!
so are teeny tiny lambs :)


mom & jackson





 six {bonus!} I went to my brother-in-law's business and got to see my design of the logo nice and big! Pretty cool :)


All in all, it was a great trip, but we think it was the last girls+kids trip . . . it was just too hectic! Next time, maybe we'll just do a girls' trip--a few days alone together instead of just a few hours! Can't wait!
 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

  1. This sounds like such a fun time!! I'd especially love to go to a Sea World someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO.much. fun. Love it all. That's one smokin' hot group of gals. :)
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}