a wicked night


After I posted my 23 before 23 bucket list, my sister-in-law Lacey immediately helped me get started on one of the items-- #21. See a Broadway musical (a traveling Broadway production counts).

I put that on my list because at the time, we were considering a summer trip to New York. And then, even if that fell through, my mother-in-law had mentioned that Wicked was in Boise, so I figured we could make a road trip for that. But then Lacey told me that Wicked would be in Salt Lake this summer, so that was much closer and easier, and I was sold. I've been to Wicked twice before, but Russ and Lacey had never been! I was excited to share the magic of Wicked with them :) This one has been in the works since less than a week after I made my list, and now I'm finally able to check it off the list!

Last night, we headed up to Salt Lake and first went out to the Cheesecake Factory with Lacey. Russ and I went to the Cheesecake Factory on our honeymoon, and ever since then, we love it and go for as many special occasions as possible, so I was quite excited!


However, despite the fact that I ordered my favorite meal, it wasn't all that great this time :( It was more dry than usual, which meant I drank a lot of strawberry lemonade to wash it down. Anticipating the trouble this might bring, I went to the bathroom right before the show started.


Well, about halfway through the first act, I already had to go to the bathroom again. Like, realllllllllllly bad. So instead of completely enjoying the first act, I was kind of miserable :(


After going to the bathroom during the intermission, the second act was much more enjoyable. But even though the cast did great (I particularly loved Glinda, who, though played by the understudy, was amazing), I wasn't blown away like I was the other times I've seen it. Maybe there's just a magic with the first (and second?) times of seeing a show like that, and it's time for me to branch out and see something else for the first time. Or maybe I just hyped myself up too much so I was bound to be a little let down.

But despite my discomfort during the first act and slight disappointment overall, I'm still glad we went. I still think Wicked is an amazing show and that everyone should go see it! I still had a great time being with my husband and sister. And I'm also glad to be making some progress on my bucket list :)


Do you love Wicked as much as I do? :) Here's a little taste, for those of you who have yet to see it :) (This is not from last night, it's just from YouTube.)


 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

  1. oh wow, how fun! We are hoping to see Wicked when we go to NYC in December. so excited! I haven't seen it, obviously, so hopefully I won't be let down, and I'll make sure not to drink a bunch before I go, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me so sad that I've never seen Wicked!! I feel like I'm missing out, but I hope to see it soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}