park city family getaway

My parents own a timeshare (maybe more than one?), and they are kind enough to share their vacation weeks with all their kids. This means we get random offers from my parents for a week's stay in Paris or Florida, or we can ask them about getting a week wherever we are looking to stay. They also use their vacation weeks when we have a whole family get-together.

It seems that every year around November, they have time to give away at Park City. Last year it was just the two of us, but this year we got to bring our little Ada! :) whiiiiich of course made it more stressful haha :) I have to remember everything we need to bring to keep our girl happy! (extra diapers, formula, outfits, blankets, burp cloths, etc.)

This year we got to go up after Thanksgiving, and therefore be in Christmas mode! We brought cocoa, popcorn, peppermint Oreos, and Christmas movies, and I was so excited that the living space of our room had a fire! We definitely used that!

By the time we got up to Park City, it was already past Ada's bedtime, so we quickly put her down in a pack'n'play. Then Russ and I watched The Ultimate Gift, which in my mind, should always be watched on Thanksgiving or the day after, or at least as the first movie of the Christmas season. It has both Thanksgiving and Christmas in it, so it's the perfect transitional movie. Toward the end, we got Ada up for her last feeding of the day. Once she was done, Russ and I took turns just cuddling her til the end of the movie. I was holding her when Emily dies, and the movie just felt so much sadder this year! I just love Ada so much, and I can't imagine losing her. I would be so devastated.

After the movie, we went to bed. I was sick, so Russ offered to take the night shift. He's so good to me :)

My parents had the room for a whole week, but we could only use it one night and my brother used it the next night. That meant that we didn't have to check out early -- we ended up staying til about 5, which was perfect! It was nice not to feel rushed to get out that morning :) After waking up, Russ picked up some breakfast from Burger King while I fed Ada. We played with Ada and talked to her before her nap. I took a bath in the giant tub -- totally need one of those someday! While Ada napped, Russ and I started The Holiday. Another of my absolute favorite Christmas movies :) We stayed in for lunch -- eating popcorn and cocoa.

When Ada woke, we fed her, dressed her, and packed up to go. The trip was short and simple, but it was perfect. There's just something great about doing things that are out of the ordinary. I loved having that special time with my wonderful little family :)




**ashleynicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}