little america

Last year, one of my parents' Christmas gifts was an "experience." We (my parents, Brandon's family, Brooke's family, and Russ & I) went to the aquarium, dinner, temple square, and the Little America hotel all together. We enjoyed the experience so much that my parents decided to do it again this year.

This year, things were a bit different with our little one in tow! I get so stressed about bringing Ada out of the house to do anything because she's young enough that she needs a lot of sleep, but she can't seem to figure out how to get past a half hour of sleeping. So even though we might be able to get her down to sleep in a place/situation that is out of the ordinary, it's nearly impossible to get her back to sleep like we try to do when we're at home. Then I know she gets overtired, and I just feel bad for her! So like I said, I get a bit stressed.










We first went to Rumbi Island Grill for dinner, and then we went to temple square. IT WAS SO COLD! Russ and I were both worried about Ada being cold and tired the whole time, so it made it hard to enjoy that part. We ducked out earlier than everyone else so we could head to the hotel, feed Ada, and put her down for the night. Although Ada does not nap well, we can always count on her going down suuuper well for bedtime. She goes right to sleep and we know we have a solid 7 hours or so where she'll definitely be sleeping (we dream feed her around 10:30-11, but other than that we have from about 7:30pm until 3:30-4:30am where she sleeps solidly). After we put her down in the pack'n'play in our room, we headed to my parents' room to play some games (we left a baby monitor in our room and had the parent part of the monitor in my parents' room).

We had fun playing games and laughing and talking in my parents' room. Rachel and Michael got there shortly after we did (after putting their kids down to bed), and Brandon came for a little bit but then went back to his room since Amy never came (I think she fell asleep or the kids weren't falling asleep or something). We played 5 Crowns and Cover Your Assets and we ate tons of treats. I also laughed harder than I had in a long time at a little interchange that went on. It was one of those times when I seriously could not stop 😂

Ada had a little bit of a rough night, which meant I did, too. After she took her early morning feeding, she woke up every so often throughout the rest of the night until it was time for her to wake up. I was so tired from that, so Russ took over her breakfast feeding and waketime to let me sleep for a while longer. Later, around 10am, we all met up at Little America's breakfast buffet (which I love).

Although the getaway had its stressful bits, it was fun to get out of the house and do something different. I enjoyed the time with family :)


signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}