the one with the boise getaway

School is starting to drive me crazy. I just want to spend time with my husband and family and friends . . . is that so wrong? But alas, school likes to get in the way.

Luckily, last weekend I did get a break. We went up to Boise for some Holmes Family Fun! :)

It was a packed weekend! I am seriously not quite sure how we manage to fit so many things in when it's a Holmes trip. It's crazy, but super fun!

We only had one full day in Boise--Saturday. Here's how we spent it:


first

The boys went and voted . . . 

. . . while the girls painted for Empty Bowls. 
lacey's
lacey's


mom's
mom's

mine



































Russ didn't actually think he was going to be able to vote this year because he realized he wasn't yet registered after the registration deadline! So it was lucky that we happened to be going to Boise so close to the election because he just got to register and vote all at once. 

For Empty Bowls, you go to a ceramic shop and paint a bowl. Then you donate your bowl to Empty Bowls. Then, the day after Thanksgiving, you go and buy a bowl (usually painted by someone else) at the Empty Bowls event and get soup in it and then the proceeds go to charity to help feed the hungry. At least I think that's how it works. So we painted bowls this trip, and we'll go to the event when we go back to Boise for Thanksgiving.


next

We went to the Boise Temple Open House! I had never seen the inside before the remodel so I can't say anything about how it looked then, BUT I can tell you that it's definitely beautiful now. 




then

We went to the Boise State University football field, aka the Smurf Turf.



We went to see Chan compete in a marching band competition called DIII. I had never seen really any marching band, so it was quite an experience! Especially since we were there for 5 hours straight in the freezing cold . . . 



But it was fun (at least for the first few hours . . . ) and Chan did awesome! Her school won Best Music, Best Auxiliary, Best Marching, and got second place overall in their division! They did great :)


finally

After all that, we watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I had never seen it before. It's a silly movie, but it's fun :)



It was fun to get away with my husband to go see the family and support Channy. I really have such an awesome second family and a wonderful husband :) I'm so blessed.


**ashleynicole


PS-I can't get this to format right, so sorry that it's kinda weird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}