the one with the 2012 election

I've always been super opinionated about elections, whether I was informed or not. And that wasn't any different with this election. I was quite opinionated about Romney being the best man for the job. 

But for the first time, I feel like I was at least a little bit informed. I watched part of most of the debates, I tried to understand what was important to both candidates, and my opinion stayed firm. 

Regardless, it looks as though Obama gets 4 more years. 

I want to get mad. I want to yell at people and tell them they're wrong. But that's just me being immature and stupid and contentious.

And all this contention isn't what America is about. America is supposed to be about unity. People banding together to create something wonderful. That's what our forefathers fought for. That's what they designed for this country. 

But there's just too much fighting. Too much of people caring about what they want instead of what's best for America. And while I believe that Romney was better for America, I also believe that it's better to be unified than to be divided. So it's time to swallow my pride and my opinions, and focus on America. To do my part to increase the unity. And that means supporting our re-elected president.

That doesn't mean I'll agree with every decision he makes. Not by a long shot. But it means I'll be hoping and praying that he can get the job done; that he can do what our country needs. 

But I think changes start with individuals. Do your part to help unify the country. Stay true to your values and don't cave just because you think your one vote or your one self can't do anything. Do what you can, then hope for the best. 

That's what I'll be doing.


**ashleynicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}