in 2017 i . . . did something exciting with my hair

Another item on my 2017 list: do something new/different/exciting with my hair.

I started growing my hair out pretty much as soon as Russ and I started dating over five years ago. He likes long hair so I decided to do it for a while. I always told him that as soon as I got pregnant or had a baby, I would be cutting it short again because I really liked the A-line I used to have.

However, it's gotten really long -- probably the longest it's ever been -- and after I got a curling wand about a year ago, I decided I really liked it long. It just looks so good in curls! Plus it took a loooooong while for it to get this long, so I'm definitely going to think long and hard before chopping it off. And finally, I thought a baby would make me want short hair, but in fact, long hair is actually a lot easier because I can throw it up into a ponytail or bun to get it out of Ada's way (cuz girl likes to PULL).

So I could have cut it short to fulfill this item, but I decided I wasn't ready to cut it yet. I also could have dyed it all, but I've never done that and I'm not ready for that kind of commitment. So instead, I threw it back to that brief time in 2009 when I had a peekaboo streak! And since my hair is up in a ponytail so much, I knew it would be a fun change to have the streak :)



signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}