in 2017 i . . . found lipstick colors that work for me

So I have a big list of things I'd either enjoy doing or things I would like to accomplish at some point in my life. I created the list in 2016, and it has carried over into 2017 (and I anticipate it carrying over to many more years since the list is very big).

One item on the list is to "find a lipstick or two that work for me." Until now, I have never worn lipstick. I've worn it for like dance concerts, but not for daily wear, weekend wear, or even for my wedding!

Part of the reason for this is that lipstick is annoying. You can't lick your lips, it gets all over people and objects, you can't really use a napkin, etc. The other part of the reason is that I've just never found colors that work for me. I've tried out different colors, but I guess I'm drawn to colors that don't work for my skin color. I found that I have to pick colors that don't seem quite like what I want, but then on me they look how I want haha. For instance, I've always wanted a bright red lipstick, but all the reds I would try always looked horrible on me! But then I finally found a red that looks right on me, it's just not like any of the reds I used to try out.

Anyway. I also have a nice color of natural lips, so I never really bothered to find lipstick. But I did find myself wishing I had some I could use for special occasions (or just regular occasions) if I wanted to, which is why lipstick was on the list.

I wasn't really looking to get lipstick at this particular time, but my mom had a LipSense party, so I decided to finally try out different colors while I had someone around to help me know which colors would look right on me. I also decided to buy stuff while I could get the 50% discount my mom was going to get based on how big her party was.

I ended up getting three colors, and I'm loving wearing lipstick! It makes me feel so much more done up, even if I just slap on my everyday color and I'm wearing workout pants.

pink champagne -- my everyday pink

caramel apple -- a dark pink

red cherry -- my red!


signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}