baby shower #3 {family}

My final baby shower was thrown by my sister Rachel. I was looking forward to this one in part because I knew it would have the best turnout, but I was still blown away by how many people came! It was a mix of Russ's family, my family, and a few very close family friends.

At the start of the shower, we chatted and people filled out "wishes for baby" cards. When I grabbed one to fill out, I kind of got overwhelmed, as I was making wishes for my own baby who means so much to me! Russ and I had so much fun reading them later, though :) Our favorite mayyyy have been "I hope you get: immunized" by Granny B (Russ's mom). It was too funny! Haha :)

this pic was just too funny to not post.


As more people came, Rachel directed them to keep filling out the cards, but to grab some food as well. Rachel made tasty mini muffins (blueberry and strawberry), my sis-in-law Amy brought strawberries, grapes, pineapple, and fruit dip, and my mom made amazing quiche. Everything was sooo tasty!


After a bit, we then played our one and only game -- Mommy or Daddy. I got the idea from this site (and it's all over), but I made my own header and of course my own questions. Feel free to take a stab at the answers if you'd like! I'll put a key at the bottom of this post -- let me know your score if you try it! The winner (Laura Thorpe) got 15/20 correct! The answer to three of the questions is both of us :) Russ's and my moms took second place with 14 correct :)

Next, I opened gifts, and I swear -- I got tired opening all those gifts! So many people came and everyone was so generous. It was so fun and wonderful! :)




Russ's mom made this quilt using fabric she bought in England -- where
Russ was born. She also liked that one of the prints was a cow print because Russ
wrote a story about a cow when he was in elementary school :)

My mom crocheted this blanket to be used for the baby blessing of all of my children, but Ada first, of course! :)
It was so great to have so many wonderful people at my shower :) Here are some pics of a few of those who made it :)

amy (sis-in-law), grandma hobbs, kathy (my aunt)
julie, aunt becky, kalynn, and katie (my cousins and aunt) 
renee, deann, laura's daughter, laura, sarah, jill (my aunts, cousins, and jill is the daughter of russ's cousin)
marie, my foreign exchange student from germany all the way back in 2005!
rory, norah, erin, jill (russ's cousin and her daughters) and mom holmes 
jessie (russ's cousin), mackenzi (sis-in-law), rachel + baby (russ's cousin), lacey (sis-in-law)
my mom and laura thorpe (great family friend)




hopefully i can figure out this wrap thing by the time I need to put ada in it! ha!

petersen family!
rachel (sis), me, mom, amy (sis-in-law)

almost 4 generations!

blooper!
holmes family!

both zander and jackson had balloons under their shirts for a minute and it would
have been the cutest pic ever but we couldn't get them to cooperate just right haha :)
It was the perfect finale to my baby showers! I'm so grateful to my sister Rachel for throwing the shower, to my mom and sis-in-law Amy for helping out with food, and to all who came to show their love and support for me and Ada :) We're so blessed!

**ashleynicole


Game Key: D, M, M, Both, D, D, M, D, M, D, Both, M, D, M, M, Both, D, D, M, D

People who came included:
Rachel Henderson
Mom Petersen
Amy Petersen
Aubrianne Wright
Grandma Hobbs
Kathy Hobbs
Raylene Petersen
Andrea Petersen
DeAnn Hoggan
Laura Hoggan
(Aaron's) Sarah Hoggan
Becky Petersen
Julie Petersen
Katie Petersen
Kalynn Petersen
Renee Barker
Marie Klingler
Laura Thorpe
Mom Holmes
Lacey Holmes
Mackenzi Holmes
Jenna Holmes
Rachel Blanchard
Jessie McKinney
Erin Barnes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}