motivation


I'm having trouble getting the motivation to get back into blogging. Which is weird, since I really enjoyed it when I was doing it consistently. And I'm not lacking motivation in other areas, which is equally startling, as I'm not usually a go-getter.

But let me elaborate about my productivity in other areas, to show for comparison about what a bad blogger I've been: I've worked out four days (so far, there's still tomorrow!) this week, and today I even got up at 6 to run despite the fact that my running buddy cancelled on me, and Russ declined to go with me as well. I've been doing the readings for most of my classes for the first time in my life. I applied for two jobs within the last week, one of which I've already been offered, and the other for which I have an interview today. The house is cleaner than usual, because I've been trying to clean at least one room per week. I'm telling you--motivation on all levels except blogging!

The problem with blogging is that I don't know what I want this blog to be anymore. I originally thought it would just be a record of what's going in my family's life. But then I got into the blogosphere a little deeper, and I loved meeting new people through blogging! I loved being inspired by other bloggers and becoming friends with other bloggers. And I want a blog that does that--I want to inspire others and be a genuine friend to any who come visit my blog. But I'm not sure exactly what all that entails, and I'm not sure what time I have to dedicate to this blog. So I guess I'm still just trying to figure out the future of this blog. Thanks to those who stick with me even while my posts are few :)

 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

  1. I love when you blog! And hey, props on being so motivated in all those other areas. I have no job, no school, and no other commitments here, and yet I haven't worked out once, haven't tried to find any online jobs, and have trouble keeping our little apartment clean. So really, you're doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I haven't posted in over a week! Haven't gone that long in a while...unlike you though, I'm equally as unmotivated in real life as I am with blogging, haha! I guess thats why blogging is taking a back seat because it takes all my energy just to do my laundry ;) No shame in infrequent posts! Especially since you've been so productive lately. If you only post when you want to say or share something, your blog will never be boring and you wont get burnt out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}