a baby shower

Life is so hectic! I have so many different things going on, and I feel like this is the first chance I've had to breathe, let alone blog, in over a week. And really, I should get back to homework, but I just wanted to do a little post.

My sister-in-law Mackenzi is pregnant with her first baby, a little boy due in November. Mom Holmes was coming into town this last weekend to help Lacey with an event, so she proposed that we fit a baby shower into the weekend, too!

It was a group effort to make it all come together . . . Mom did most of the work--including the planning and most of the food and decor prep. Lacey made delicious cupcakes and made the pages for the ABC book, I made invitations and other print elements, and Stephanie got on a plane so she could join in the fun! We were only missing Chantry and we would have had all the Holmes girls!

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, but I did want to post my designs, because, not gonna lie, I was pretty happy with how they all turned out :)

The theme of the shower was "From A to Z" because they are naming their baby Zander, so a lot of the elements of the party had to do with the alphabet :)

invitation

food place cards

guests were asked to help put together an ABC book

my personal touch . . . which was framed as a gift for Mackenzi and baby Z
It was fun to plan and throw the shower for Mackenzi, and it was also super fun to have family in town! Russ and I even hosted Mom, Lacey, and Stephanie on Saturday night--That's five people in a one-bedroom apartment. It was a party! I love this second family of mine :)

**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. You rock!! Much thanks again for all your work! I can't wait to find a spot to hang that darling sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That definitely makes for a fun baby shower theme! I haven't gone to one of those in too long--sounds like fun to help host one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute cute idea that i have to remember! :)

    xo welltraveledwife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so cute! you have skills girl!

    - Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute baby shower theme. I'm just dropping over from Denise's blog. I saw your comment and couldn't help but click on you. I loved your comment and your unwavering faith!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooooove the theme! Your designs are perfect! The print you framed for his nursery is totally my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}