the one with the pumpkin patch

I'm 20 years old, and to my recollection, I have never been to a pumpkin patch. My family always had pumpkins around Halloween, but they usually just came from the grocery store. 

So when my visiting teacher, Eryn, invited Russ and me to go to the pumpkin patch for FHE this past Monday, I was all over that!





We had 2 pumpkins all picked out before even meeting up with Eryn and Kelly (Eryn's husband), but decided to look around some more once we did meet up.

While we were looking around, Eryn asked us if we like to find the perfectly round pumpkins or if we prefer pumpkins "with character." We hadn't really given it much thought, but apparently we prefer pumpkins with character, because this is what we ended up with . . . 


Yup. A completely GREEN pumpkin! 

The pumpkin patch was fun, and I'm excited to get to know Eryn and Kelly better . . . I think we have some new friends :)

But I did figure out why we got pumpkins from the grocery store when I was young . . . 
Any size pumpkin at Walmart? $2. 
Price at the pumpkin patch? 25 cents per pound. 
That made our marathon pumpkin (26.2 pounds) a whopping $7.99.

Man. What we do to be festive for holidays!
:)


**ashleynicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}