the one with conference weekend

Conference this weekend was awesome! Russ and I spent the weekend at my parents' house since our TV isn't even hooked up yet in our apartment. It was nice to have some family time while listening to the words of the prophet and other general authorities. 

That was quite an announcement! I think lowering the ages to be a missionary is an awesome (duh, it's inspired . . . ) idea! I've already had so many friends say that they are now mission-bound. 

The husband (Jeff) of my recently-turned-20 friend posted on Facebook, "Considering myself incredibly lucky: if this announcement had been made a year ago, I'm not sure Rachel would have married me!" I laughed and showed it to Russ, who echoed the same sentiment as Jeff. 

Although a mission would have been wonderful, I, too, am glad the announcement came at this time because my life could have gone a totally different direction if the announcement had been made a year ago. I'm glad I got to meet and fall in love with Russ when I did, because I would never choose a life without him! Guess I'll just have to wait a few more decades for my turn to serve a mission :)

What do YOU think of the announcement? What talks did YOU enjoy most? :)

**ashleynicole


sidenote--

If you're reading my blog, could you please head over to the right side of your screen and click the icon to "follow" or "subscribe" to me? Thanks mucho :)

Also, I love comments :)

Comments

  1. That is so funny that Jeff said that! My boyfriend just asked me if I was thinking of serving a mission now lol. I also totally would I think if I wasn't in a serious relationship. Blessings do come with marriage as well and I'm so happy for all those that will be able to serve sooner now but also for those that will be married :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}