a little getaway {lagoon}

I don't think Russ and I have had a just-the-two-of-us getaway since Ada was born. We've had little family getaways like Park City last November and St. George in May, and Russ and I also got to do Questival in July (without Ada, but that's more adventure-y than getaway-y), but this was our first romantic and connecting getaway in over a year.

We weren't even planning to do a getaway -- we were just planning to go to Lagoon. But going to Lagoon and having Granny B be the one to do the babysitting meant that she would have to come in the day before and leave the day after in order for us to do Lagoon all day, so we asked her if she wouldn't mind starting her babysitting a little early, since she'd already be here anyway. She kindly agreed :)

We started our getaway by heading up to Salt Lake for dinner. We got a Ruth's Chris gift card at Russ's work Christmas party last year, so we finally used it. We got one steak, mashed potatoes, and brussels sprouts to share, and everything was soooo good! And even though it was only one meal, it was the perfect amount of food for both of us (although, Russ thought the steak was so good that he could have eaten the whole thing himself :) ). Even after our $50 giftcard, we ended up spending $40 on our one meal (including tip) 😂  That is definitely one expensive restaurant! (I still remember on our honeymoon thinking that there was no way we could spend $50 on a meal for just the two of us . . . I was wrong then and I definitely would have been wrong if we'd tried to eat at Ruth's Chris then! 😂 )

Next we went to City Creek Mall to kill some time. The mall was pretty much already closing though, so we just sat on some benches, cuddling and talking. At one point a security guard came by and told us this was "a family-friendly venue" and asked me to sit up (I was like laying my head on Russ's chest. I thought it was a little ridiculous! Haha. I mean if he had come by 5 minutes before when we were making out a little, it would have made more sense! 😉 😂 ) It was nice just to be together. I can't even remember what we talked about now!




Next we went up to Station Park in Farmington and caught the 10:15pm showing of The Mountain Between Us. There wasn't much in the theater that looked interesting to us, but we wanted to see a movie because we had movie and concessions vouchers (also from Russ's work for Christmas last year). The trailer for this movie seemed interesting enough. There was only one other couple in the theater, so that was fun :) The movie . . . Russ didn't like it, but he couldn't entirely figure out why. **Spoiler alert** I actually did like it, but I didn't feel like their relationship was realistic. I think it makes sense that they're the only two people who know what it's like to experience what they went through together, and I think it makes sense that they fell in love with the way the other person took care of them on the mountain. However, I don't feel like they actually got to know each other on the mountain, so I think in real life, they wouldn't work out because they probably don't agree on a lot of basic life things, like religion or politics or hobbies. But the way their relationship is portrayed as them literally being unable to breathe without the other person -- I guess that got to the romantic side of me. Haha. **end spoiler** The other couple in the theater left as soon as the credits began, so once they did, I pulled Russ to stand and we sorta danced together and hugged. Like I said, I was feeling romantic :)


We checked in to our AirBnB around 12:30am, and after talking for just a little bit, we went to sleep.

The next morning, after sleeping in a bit (as long as possible, but the bed wasn't comfy at all so it wasn't possible to sleep in all that late), we lounged around in our room for a while before taking quick showers and heading out. 

Then we went to Granny Annie's in Kaysville for breakfast, on the recommendation of my cousin Kristalyn. It did not disappoint! We both got omelets, which came with hashbrowns and a scone or pancake. Everything was HUGE! So next time we'll get mini omelets, since that's an option :) Everything was also delicious, so we highly recommend it! :)



Finally we headed to Lagoon! I'm pretty sure the last time I went was at the end of my senior year of high school, so it had been a while. However, I still remembered what all my favorite rides were and how to find them :) We rode the white roller coaster, spider, colossus, wicked, the sky ride (twice), cannibal, rocket, and the swings. We also ate this frozen custard/italian ice thing (YUM), chicken strips, and a funnel cake.




The lines weren't horrible, and the rides were fun, but after we had done all that (took about 5 hours), we were just ready to be done. Frightmares was going on, but we didn't even make it that long! We left the park around 5, and Frightmares stuff doesn't start til 6:15. We considered going on rides again, but our heads were kinda shaken up from a few of them. So we just decided to leave, and I was fine with it. Sure we didn't exhaust our tickets (as in use them for a full 12 hours), but we used them for as much as we wanted, and then we left. 

We spent the rest of the evening shopping for stuff for some costumes, and then we came home and pretty much crashed. As always, Ada did great for Granny B. She slept in til 8!! Crazy stuff haha :)

It was so good to just have 24 uninterrupted hours with Russ. We don't get enough time to connect just the two of us, so I love when we make that happen :) I just love him so much, so I love spending time with him :) :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}