halloween 2017 {alice, the mad hatter, and the cheshire cat}

I love planning Halloween costumes every year. In fact, as soon as one Halloween ends (maybe even before!), I'm usually already thinking about the next year's costume. (I already know what we're being once we have baby #2 [not pregnant], both if it's a girl and if it's a boy! 😂 )

I was planning this costume before Ada was even born. I thought we would do it last year, but then when my friend gifted me a tiny Sailor Moon costume for Ada, we switched gears and did that instead.

Meet, Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the cutest cheshire cat I've ever seen :)


I was surprised at how many people asked me if I made my costume! I guess it sounds like something I would do haha. But no, this year was pretty easy costume-wise! I borrowed the Alice dress from an old friend who was Alice in 2016; we got Russ's pants and vest from DI; and we already had the bowtie on hand from something Russ did in high school. I assembled Russ's hat using fabric, ribbon, hot glue, and a hat we bought from our friends (they had used it for the murder mystery they threw a few weeks prior). I got a major hot glue burn from that project! Ada's costume was the most "handmade." I bought some pjs online that were light pink and grey striped, and then I spray painted the grey stripes the darker pink/purpley color. Did you know you can spray paint clothes?! I just recently learned that, and it was super helpful for this costume.

Oh and funny story -- like I said, they're pajamas, so one time when I laid her down to dress her in her costume, she immediately started sucking her thumb and playing with her hair like we were preparing her for bed! Haha girl knows her bedtime routine! :)


I also made Ada's ears out of felt, ribbon, and hair clips. Luckily she kept them in long enough to get a few pictures at each event! (She always pulls out bows and even plain elastics.) I think everything turned out pretty well :)


Our costumed festivities this year included the ward party, Haddie and Max's birthday party, and trick-or-treating at Omadi.



















We intended to take Ada trick-or-treating just on our street or something, but there wasn't enough time to fit it in with dinner and bedtime and all the craziness of that day. Instead, she watched the first 10 minutes of Hocus Pocus with us -- our Halloween movie tradition. She was entertained for a minute, but only a minute really haha :) Then she was off to bed!




Trick-or-treating WILL happen next year though! Can't wait to teach her to say "trick or treat!" :)



Comments

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}