month 3 {march}

14 weeks, 1 day (i seriously don't know how anyone takes weekly
bumpdate pics, because i have the hardest time getting monthly ones on time!)
How Far Along: 13 weeks, 3 days.

Size: A jalapeno, a large macaron (mmmm now I want one!), a matchbox car, or a clownfish!

Gender: Still thinking girl, but getting more confused about it all the time! Can't wait to find out in just under a month! :)


If you want to cast your vote for which gender you think our baby is -- poll is on the right sidebar and ends April 24th-ish, when we find out!

Name: Baby Girl is all set to go. Baby Boy can't seem to get a middle name. Little Love for now :)

Movement: Nope, but my app says that Little Love can feel it if I poke my belly, so I do that sometimes. You know, because I love to bug my baby ;)

Fun Fact: All of the other pregnant girls in the office have now found out gender. And ALL THREE of them are having boys! That has to mean I'm having a girl. I mean what are the odds of four pregnant coworkers having four baby boys?! :) But either way it would be fun :)

Sleep: Sleep is getting a bit more uncomfortable, but in a way that I didn't foresee. It doesn't always happen, but sometimes if I lay on my side, I often wake up feeling pain in the hip that is in the air. I've started sleeping with a pillow between my knees, but I think I need a bigger pillow for that purpose! Any pregnancy pillow recommendations? [I learned that this actually only happens in foreign beds. Mine is usually fine :)]

Weight Gain: Hahaha. Yeah, so I'm barely out of my first trimester and I definitely have a bump. I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to have a bump (unless I were having twins or something, which I'm not), but I most certainly do. I really don't mind though. I hear a lot of pregnant girls talk about how they hate gaining the weight, but it doesn't really bother me. I mean, I don't want to explode with weight gain, and I probably need to do a better job of watching what I eat, but although my numbers on the scale are definitely the highest I've ever seen, I just love that it means I'm carrying my little baby :) All that being said, I'm up 10 or 11 pounds total. (You're only supposed to gain 1-5 in the first trimester, in case you were wondering. Ha!)

Symptoms: My symptoms (though they were few) seem to have dissipated. I don't get nauseous as often and I don't feel like I've been as hungry as I was for a while there. Pretty much just getting a bump haha :) Oh, and also, I have this sharp pain in the right side of my bum. I've had it pretty much since I found out I was pregnant, but I didn't know whether or not it was pregnancy-related. I finally looked it up on the internet and I did find that it's probably related to pregnancy. What I found said it's sciatica. At first it was intermittent pain, but now sometimes it hurts all day, whether I'm walking, sitting, or laying down. It's pretty annoying haha.

Diabetes: Is so annoying. I changed a bunch of my rates during month 2, and then I was low all the time. So sometime this month I changed them all again so that I would not be low anymore, and now I feel like I'm high all the time. I can't seem to find the happy medium that gives perfect numbers! Also, my A1c was 7.3 at the very beginning of the month, and 6.6 at the end (I have appointments once/month or every 4 weeks-ish)! That's the best A1c I've had in my whole life, and both me and my doctor were pretty thrilled about it.

Cravings/Aversions: Umm I really don't know that they're pregnancy cravings, but lately I've been gravitating toward bagels and cup of noodles. Mmmmm :)

Missing Most: A clean house. Haha between our trip to New Mexico and working and other commitments and laziness, I feel like I never have any time to clean the house. I'm very excited for the day that I get to quit working and be a stay-at-home mom :) I know a lot of people thrive on working, and I think that's great. However, I am not one of those people, so I'm excited to do my working in the home :)

Nursery: No progress on the nursery. We've been focusing on the yard lately (we don't actually have a yard -- we have to put one in from scratch), so that leaves little time for any indoor changes! I'm hoping we'll get the crib put together in this next month though :) And then once I find out gender, I'm sure I'll start doing even more to prep that room for Little Love :)

Daddy: Russ didn't ever really tell me a specific time when we could announce, he just kept saying not yet. In the end, he told me he would never really be super comfortable shouting it from the rooftops because he's not a super-sharer like I am. He told me I could announce whenever I wanted to whomever I wanted and he just didn't want me to ask him about it anymore haha. So that selfie in our announcement pic? I just said, "Hey babe, selfie with me!" And didn't even tell him that I was about to post our announcement. He seems to be okay with everything though. I think he secretly loves all the love and support as much as I do ;)

Highlights & Memories: 
  • We got to hear the heartbeat! At 10 weeks, I went in for my second ultrasound. It was actually really awful because they told me to have a full bladder for the ultrasound, and boy did I have a full one! Haha and then they go pushing on that area with the wand and it was so bad I just wanted it to be over! But then she let us listen to the heartbeat and it just made me so happy to hear my baby's little heart, beating at a "chipper" 175 bpm (that was the technician's word haha). High heartbeat means baby girl, maybe? ;)
  • Also at 10 weeks, my app told me my baby was the size of a Lego man. My app is pretty darn clever:

  • Finding out that Laynah is moving for sure to Rexburg, and in April!! Though she'll still be a 4.5 hour drive away from me, it's much closer than the current 9, and it means she'll be close enough for fun things like baby showers and possibly some maternity photography, not to mention just to hang out cuz we have sooo much fun :) 
  • A little getaway trip to New Mexico with Russ. It was so nice to just have a few days together without any other commitments :)
  • Finally announcing to everyone! It has been so fun to get all the likes and comments on our sweet news. It's especially fun when I can tell someone knows that we tried for a long time . . . Many people will be happy for you that a baby is coming, but I feel like those who know that we tried for a long time are extra happy for us because they recognize how long it took to get here :) So thanks for the love, everyone! :) I really, really appreciate all who have reached out to tell us how happy they are for us and how much they like all the million updates I'm putting out there haha. It makes me really happy :)
  • I had a dance party with the baby in the car one day. Russ was driving a different car home so I told the baby we were just going to have a little dance party together. We danced to T. Swift's "New Romantics." Haha I can't wait to do more of that when baby is out of me :)
Can't Wait For: Gender, gender, gender!! I'll probably find out on April 24th, so less than a month to go!! Also, I can't wait to feel that baby move inside me . . . crossing my fingers it happens this month! :)
**ashleynicole

Comments

  1. Hi Ashley, I've been following along for a while and just love your blog. Congrats on your exciting news! I am so happy for you! My husband got me the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow because I was so restless during the night early on, and it has been the BIGGEST lifesaver. The only downside to it is that it is HUGE. But it makes sleep so wonderful...I am 29 weeks pregnant now, and I don't think I could sleep without it anymore. It definitely helps with the hip pain that comes from sleeping on your side! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are so sweet, thanks!! Do you have a blog? And thanks for the recommendation! I will have to look into that! :)

      Delete
    2. I do, it's douglasandrachel.blogspot.com. Feel free to follow along! Hope things are going well :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah all 7 of my friends that were due in September has all boys, we were the only ones that waited to find out the gender, well ours was a girl. But hey she will have a lot of guy friends. One of the boys is 2 and a half weeks older, Two other boys are exactly 2 weeks older. Two more are about a week older. Then two last ones share the same birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what are the chances!! :) That's a lot of babies for one month! :)

      Delete
  3. ashley i am so excited for you!!! i am loving that you already have a mini-bump, you look great with it! can't wait to find out the gender!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu! :) And the bump is definitely growing! Haha :) And girl. YOU ARE TELLING ME. I can't wait either!!!! 6 days to go! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}