here kitty kitty

We moved into our house mid-May. When we got here, the weeds were just starting to grow, and we didn't do anything right away. Then we went to Europe and when we got back, it was already crazyyyy hot, so we opted to do our yard this fall or next spring. And by doing that, we basically didn't do anything about the weeds for a while. And those weeds got OUT OF CONTROL! We're talking a 4-6 ft. tall forest of weeds. Which just so happened to be the perfect home for a little cat family!



One protective mama cat (who would stare us down through the windows!) and three little kitties. When we first saw the kitties, they were verrrry little! But after a week or two, the kitties got a little bigger and when Russ and I would wake up in the mornings, we'd look out our window and see the kittens playing around :)


Then I really wanted to keep a kitty, so I bought some cat food and started feeding them. But every time I opened the door, they'd scatter. In fact, it took a long time to even catch them eating the food. Those cats were smarties, I tell ya!













I never did catch one . . . And since we've been doing a bunch of weeding lately, the only weeds that remain are the tall ones along our back fence where the cats used to live, but I think taking away the rest of the weeds made the cats feel vulnerable or something, because I'm pretty sure they've moved out :/ But we enjoyed our kitties this summer, and I'm hoping we get a kitty to keep someday! :)

**ashleynicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}