2015 family reunion

Family has always been a big deal to me. That is one reason that Russ and I have made it a priority to go to every Holmes family reunion since we've been married (that's four now!). The other reason is that Russ's family knows how to throw a good reunion!

Every even year, there is a reunion of all the posterity of Russ's paternal grandparents--so basically, all his aunts, uncles, cousins, and children of cousins. The aunts and uncles rotate through who plans the reunion, so it's a little different every time, but always fun because so many people make the effort to come. I really feel like I know a lot of Russ's cousins because of these reunions!

Every odd year, there is a reunion of all the posterity of Russ's paternal great-grandparents. There are a lot more people I don't know at these reunions, partially because these reunions are just a few hours long, and partially because any time I spend talking to people is usually spent talking to the extended family I already know through the other reunions. The two reunions I've been to so far have both been at Harris Pond in Burley, Idaho, where there are so many fun things to do! I didn't get in the water this year, so all the pictures and videos are of Russ :) But I did spend some time on the giant swing (my favorite feature!) with Russ pushing me sooooo high! And one time, when I was done, I kind of ended up in the water up to my knees because I slipped down the little bank while still holding onto the swing! Otherwise I would have been all in. Either way, Russ, Chantry, and I had a good laugh about the halfway-entry :)

ziplining
going down the slide (i obviously only caught the splash haha)




We had a good time and the reunion was over before we knew it! Afterward, Mom, Dad, Lacey, Russ, Chantry, Uncle Rick, Uncle Todd, Uncle Tim, Aunt Heidi, and I all went to the fair for a little bit, where we ate some tasty maple bars and other assorted treats :) It was a good day and another good reunion :)

 photo AshleySIG_zpsf3e0719e.png

Comments

  1. Those family reunions look way too fun! You guys know how to throw a party haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love! And if you're a no-reply blogger, check back here for my replies :)

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}