an update on my goals and plans for 2019

I don't have any formal "check-in" dates for my goals, but I felt like checking in on how they're going, so here's an update on my 2019 goals and plans!

  • Make a plan for limiting my social media usage and stick to it -- Well, so far I've made a plan, and stuck to it for brief periods of time, but I definitely haven't cemented the changes at all, so there's still work to do!
  • Create systems for: working, cleaning, cooking/meal planning, daily activities with Ada, family activities -- I have created systems for most of these things, but again, I'm not actually following through on most of my systems yet.
  • Create sleep guides for my business -- I've created two of four sleep guides, so I'm on my way :)
  • Learn to drive stick -- no progress.
  • Start our first garden -- I read a gardening book, we've purchased seeds, and Russ made us a lattice thing so that we can plant a "square foot garden." All that's left is to buy good soil so we can plant!
  • Digitize all photos before 2006 -- no progress.
  • Make a mixbook (or multiple mixbooks) of my life up til marriage -- All of my scrapbooks from jr. high through college have been digitized and put into mixbooks online. I still need to print them, and I need to finish up the stuff before jr. high!
  • Read 24 books (12 on sleep, 12 on anything else) -- I've read 7 books so far, and I'm almost done with an 8th, so I'm just a little behind. However, my ratio is definitely not 1:1! More like 3:1 (1 being the sleep books).
  • Get together with girlfriends I don't see much (or ever) anymore once/month -- Killing this one! I've gotten together with at least one friend each month so far!
  • Find a way to spend one-on-one time with my dad monthly -- I've gotten together with my dad twice. We went bowling the first time, and out to dinner the next time. I need to be better about planning these so that they happen!
  • Go for tea at the Grand America (bonus points if it's for Witches high tea!) -- no progress
  • Keep my "gift for Jesus" at the forefront of my mind (and actions) -- Man, I'm failing with this one. I did really well for the first few weeks or month, but it has definitely dropped out of my mind.

Some daily habit-type goals:
  • At least 10 minutes of 
    • scripture reading each morning
    • superthinking each morning
    • thought downloads and models each evening
    • book reading each evening
Absolutely failing at all of the above. I'm having a hard time getting my head in the right place for all those productive things I want to do. Which is ironic, since most of that stuff is FOR my head.


Other things:
  • Get pregnant and have a baby! -- Check! Baby is due in December!
  • Figure out what I want to have for "healthy habits," and do them. -- I progressed and then regressed, so I'm back to square one!
  • Completely declutter the house! -- At the beginning of the year, I had already decluttered most of the house -- everything but the hard stuff 😂 I've since done the closet/dresser and the books, but still need to do the office and the garage. I have also decluttered some things even further though (specifically the kitchen), so that's nice.
  • Digitally declutter my phone and computer. -- I've definitely done some work on this, but it's one of those things that feels like it can never be done.
  • Have playdates pretty much weekly. -- Killing this one! I made a best friend and we get together honestly almost every day (often 2x/day). It's nice to have found someone who I'm compatible with, who has a kid Ada's age, and who is on the same sort of schedule as we are!

All in all, not doing too shabby, and I still have time to finish up the unfinished items, as well as come back to some of these that I've fallen off the wagon with! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

our first murder mystery

5 on friday

it's a love story {part 5}